Now Hiring PMHNP for our Children's Mobile Intervention Program
New Grads welcome!!
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The licensed and Board Certified Psychiatric -- Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) provides evaluation, diagnosis, treatment and management of mental health problems and psychiatric disorders in collaboration with the psychiatrist. The PMHNP possesses prescriptive authority and provides comprehensive services necessary for the promotion of optimal mental health, prevention and treatment of psychiatric disorders, and ongoing health maintenance services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Obtains medical and psychosocial histories and conducts comprehensive physical and mental health assessments and evaluations in a variety of settings including outpatient services and consumer homes
• Orders, evaluates and interprets diagnostic procedures, laboratory studies and therapeutic interventions in order to assess the patients' clinical problems and health care needs
• Prescribes, monitors and performs medication management
• Documents all medical evaluations, diagnoses, procedures, treatments, consultations, referrals and patient outcomes consistent with state and regulatory requirements, company policies and procedures, and current standards of clinical practice
• Educates consumers, family members and care providers about medical issues, diagnostic studies and procedures, prescribed medication/treatment, and ongoing preventative care
• Functions as a clinical liaison with community-based physicians, staff and care teams Facilitates timely communication and information exchange to ensure continuity of care
• Provides on-call and after hours coverage to respond to urgent matters
• Provides both formal and information education and training for Elwyn staff; serves as a clinical resource for other members of the interdisciplinary treatment team
• Participates in continuous Quality/Performance Improvement initiatives as assigned by the Medical Director including ongoing data collection, evaluation of clinical outcomes, and participation in Elwyn's Corporate Quality Improvement activities
• Maintains current knowledge of medical advancements in the care and treatment of individuals with mental health, psychiatric, intellectual, developmental and physical disabilities incorporating advancements into clinical practice
• Represents Elwyn on organizational committees, community based work groups and professional organizations
• Facilitates and participates in the evaluation of the patient's medical record by physicians and peers to ensure that evidence based practice standards and clinical protocols are met; Implements changes in practice in accordance with sound clinical practices
• Performs other duties as required
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Medical Director
DIRECT REPORTS: None
CONTACTS: Patients, family members, care providers, community based mental health and medical consultants, payors, and county representatives.
• Licensed and Board Certified as a Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Pennsylvania with specialty in Family Psychiatry and Mental Health
• Maintains current and highest DEA allowed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
• Post-graduate clinical experience in a mental health setting preferred
• Proficient in the use of an electronic health record application and Microsoft Office programs including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
• Credentialed with Pennsylvania Medicaid, Magellen Behavioral Health, Community Behavioral Health and commercial insurance carriers preferred
Must have current, valid driver's license in state of residence, three (3) years driving experience, and acceptable driving record
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL PROFILE: See Physical Demands Checklist below which represents the general physical demands and environment conditions to which the employee holding this position must meet, in addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Elwyn will engage otherwise qualified candidates for this position whose disabilities may require reasonable accommodations to enable an individual to perform the essential functions.
Elwyn reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.
Elwyn is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and identity, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, genetic information, disability status, military or veteran status, marital or family status, political activities or affiliations, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, and federal law. #mon #ca
Keywords PMHNP, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, Nursing, Mental Health, Behavioral Health, melmark, blossom, devereaux, bancroft, merakey, Healthcare Services, Crisis
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled