PSYCHIATRIC NURSE PRACTITIONER OR PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT:
Hire Type: Contractor or Part-Time Employee
An established outpatient psychiatric practice is seeking a psychiatric nurse practitioner or Physician Assistant to serve the needs of surrounding community and growing patient population.
Jaffri Medical Associates (JMA) is a 3 physician private psychiatric practice located in Amherst, NY and has been serving the community for over 40 years. Candidate will operate within a collaborative relationship as part of a professional team of physicians and support staff. Our experienced and personable psychiatrists are readily available for ‘curbside consultation” or to address any questions or concerns that you may have in patient care.
At JMA, we strive to provide patient care with respect, dignity, and autonomy through an eclectic clinical approach encompassing biological, psycho-social, and spiritual factors.
The office utilizes Medent, HealtheLink, and Surescripts to make sure up-to-date data is available for all patients. The friendly and dedicated office staffs are well versed in obtaining medical records prior to appointments and as needed.
Office I.T. staff is responsive to the needs of all clinicians. The work stations and E.H.R are always kept current and in working conditions. Remote access from a qualified device is able to be established should a provider require it.
The position is part time or full time, depending on the preference of applicant. Practice office hours are 7:30AM – 4:30PM Monday-Thursday.
Candidates will have the opportunity to create their own work schedule based on availability and preference of appointment duration and number of patients seen per day.
1. Furnished office space including EHR capable personal computer with secure high speed internet connection.
2. Office stationary and communication services.
3. Benefit of patient referral.
4. Billing services
5. Answering service
6. Transcription services if needed
7. Secretarial staff
8. Credentialing and contracting services
9. Housekeeping services
Preference will be given to those with established insurance network memberships, including Medicaid. Must provide and maintain current malpractice insurance with standard recommended limits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform and document initial psychiatric evaluation.
- The office recognizes the full scope of the Psychiatric NP role. As such, candidate will have the opportunity and time to provide psychotherapy services to patients when indicated.
- Write prescriptions for psychotropic medications as allowed by state regulations and collaborative practice agreements.
- Provide medication management including prescription refills and medication education to consumers.
- Administer medications including those administered by injection
- Monitor patients' medication usage and results
- Perform and document psychiatric updates as needed and required
- Review, assess and approve clinical components of Individualized Recovery Plans
- Facilitate medication management and symptom management support groups
- Maintain up-to-date charting and other documentation as required, utilizing an electronic record keeping system
- Maintain timely and accurate documentation congruent with organization guidelines, best practice standards of his/her profession and managed care standards.
- Provide crisis intervention, including emergency hospital admission support and follow up with inpatient treatment team when necessary
- Refer and link clients with additional services and or community resources when clinically indicated
- All other duties as assigned
- Independent Contractor OR Part-Time Employee.
- Master’s Degree in a nursing related field OR certified through the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
- Valid license as a registered professional nurse, a nurse practitioner and a nurse practitioner or Physician Assistant with prescriptive authority issued by the State of New York
- Current DEA number
- 2-year work experience in psychiatric/mental health nursing working with adults with serious mental, emotional and/or behavioral disorders, including substance use and/or co-occurring disorders
- Depending on experience, NP or PA will practice within a written practice agreement or collaborative relationship.
Required licenses or certifications:
- NYS licensed Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant.
- Certified to bill as a Medicare provider