Vanguard Medical Group has an exciting opportunity available for a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner in our Verona location. Part-time and full-time flexible scheduling shifts available.
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will work as a part of the multidisciplinary health care team in the primary care setting, focusing on the behavioral health needs of the patient. The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner supports the patient-centered medical home by working with patient, families and staff providers to promote timely access to needed care. The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will provide culturally competent, age and education level appropriate behavioral health care. Patients, families and caregiver’s, when appropriate, understanding will be assessed when providing a plan of care and self-management responsibilities.
- At Vanguard you will have the opportunity to provide both medication management and counseling for patients in collaboration with their primary care providers.
- Collaborate with the medical providers to develop programs and working relationships that promote shared approaches to the evaluation, treatment planning, and monitoring of common mental health conditions.
- Provide a variety of therapeutic mental health treatments including, but not limited to counseling, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and initiation, titration, and monitoring of psychiatric medications.
- Establish and modify patient treatment plan based on clinical assessment as well as accepted standards of practice, cultural competence and patient’s understanding.
- Document responses to those treatments.
- Formulate differential diagnoses.
- Provide episodic visits to monitor acute and chronic mental health conditions.
- Psychiatric evaluations and counseling appointments are scheduled for 1 hour time slots, medication management in 30 minute time slots.