Please send your information to HR Director, Barbara Mitchell, firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Title: Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Reports to: Psychiatrist
Summary of Position: The Circle the City Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner provides high quality holistic health care as an integral part of a dynamic interdisciplinary team. Care is provided in multiple settings including the innovative Medical Respite Center, Parsons Family Health Center, Downtown Family Health Center, the mobile medical unit and street outreach sites.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performing thorough psychiatric evaluations and overall patient care management including ongoing assessments, medication management, patient education.
- Providing consultation & education to care teams.
- Collaborating and consulting with physicians as needed in the provision of care and the formulation of treatment plans.
- Determining abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
- Instructing and counseling patients by describing therapeutic regimens; promotes wellness and health maintenance.
- Documenting patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Providing continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans and care transitions.
- Maintaining safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protecting patients and employees by adhering to infection control policies and procedures.
- Complying with federal, state, and local legal professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Ability to work as a collaborative member of the healthcare team
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse with an Advanced Practice credential by the Arizona Board of Nursing.
- Certified by the AANP or AANC.
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience in a Behavioral Health setting or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- Experience in working with underserved populations highly desirable.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All resumes will be reviewed for education and experience. Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status.