- Job LocationsUS-AZ-GlendaleJob ID2019-3355# of Openings1CategoryMedical ProviderProgramOutpatientWeekly Hours40
We are pleased to share an exciting opportunity at Terros Health for an Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP). You will need to be professional, friendly, a self-starter, organized, and compassionate.
Terros Health is a healthcare organization of caring people, guided by our core values of integrity, compassion and empowerment. We engage people in whole person health through an integrated care delivery system, thus establishing a medical home for our patients. In caring for the whole person, we focus on overall wellness through physical health, mental health and substance use care. Our mission is to provide extraordinary care by empowered people through exceptional outcomes.
For the last 50 years, the heart of everything we do is inspiring change for life. We help people manage addiction and mental illness, provide primary medical care, restore families, support our veterans, and connect individuals to the care they need.
If you are interested in working for one of the State's Leading Integrated Healthcare Organizations that promotes Integrity, Compassion, and Empowerment, we encourage you to apply!
Terros Health: Extraordinary Care. Empowered People. Exceptional Outcomes.
Seeking Certified Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioners for a General Mental Health & Substance Use position in Glendale, AZ at our Olive Avenue Integrated Care location.
Full Time: 40 hours/week (5-8's or 4- 10's)
Location: Glendale, AZ (59th Ave/ Olive Ave)
Bilingual in Spanish is a Plus
NextGen experience is a plus
Position is Available in 30-60 days
AZ Licensed Required
AHCCCS Credentialed Required
- Provides direct psychiatric care of assigned clients and program activities
- Facilitates teamwork for outpatient services
- Conducts psychiatric evaluation and medication monitoring
- Individual treatment and case consultation
- Participates in program evaluation procedures and professional record keeping
- Makes referrals appropriately
- Works under the direct supervision of the Behavioral Health Medical Director (GMHSU Centers) for clinical supervision.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Completes initial psychiatric assessments, progress notes, annual psychiatric updates, family interventions. Documentation shall be on approved forms and within the same day of service.
- Develops differential diagnostic assessments, assessments of capacity for consent to treatment, risk assessments, patient education, and progress towards treatment goals including medical, psychological, social, behavioral and developmental aspects of the members situation.
- Documents patients progress with delivery service expectation of 6 hours face-to-face time per 8-hour work day, or 7.5 hours face-to-face time per 10-hour work day.
- Orders follow-up blood levels and other lab tests according to standard medical practice, obtains a past and current medical history.
- Initiates contact with PCP, ED clinicians, and therapists according to established guidelines, to provide whole health integrated care.
- Provides psychopharmacological treatment in alignment with patients treatment plan; appropriate follow-up of patients symptoms and response to medications, including side effects. Utilizes appropriate medication based on best practices, in addition to appropriately completing required documentation for preauthorization of pharmacy services. Completes medication education and informed consent.
- Assesses patients needs and guides the clinical team while managing crisis and treatment plan updates. Collaborates with nurses and medical assistants.
- Educates non-medical staff on psychiatric and non-psychiatric medications, their side effects, and health-related conditions.
Terros offers an excellent compensation and full benefits package.
Salary Range (based on 40 hours/week): $130K-$141K / DNP: $154K-$162K, Dual Certified: PMHNP & FNP/ANP: $144K-$151K.
Benefits include, but not limited to:
- Health Insurance, Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance
- PTO/Sick Time: 4+ Weeks PLUS Holidays
- Licensure and DEA Reimbursement (per policy)
- CME: ($2500) and 1 Week CME (40 hours)
- Potential Loan Repayment (NHSC, Nursing Corp, SLRP)
Send CV to mailto: Dawn.email@example.com.
- Advanced Practice Nursing degree as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner.
- Job Specific: One (1) or more years prior experience in psychiatric setting and/or providing psychiatric treatment; experience working within psychiatric crisis and/or with members with serious mental illness preferred.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Interpersonal skills which allow for professional and positive relationships with co-workers, patients, families, and other community members. Good communication skills, evidenced by a non-judgmental approach, effective listening and positive interactions. Strong understanding of substance use, addiction and recovery principles.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, electronic medical record, NextGen preferred.
- Licenses, Certifications: Active license to practice with Nursing Board. Valid Arizona Drivers License. Board certified. DEA and AZ CSPMP registration current.
- Physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Must have a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card or apply for an Arizona fingerprint clearance card (Level 1) within 20 working days of assuming role.