JOIN OUR TEAM | MAKE A DIFFERENCE !
The Rock Creek Foundation, which remains part of the Affiliated Santé Group today, pioneered the community-based treatment of individuals with both psychiatric needs and developmental disabilities, employing values-based management services. Those services included the first private fee-for-service outpatient mental health center and psychiatric rehabilitation program in the State of Maryland. Rock Creek’s ground-breaking treatment and service delivery strategies were praised by the President’s Committee on Mental Retardation in 1979 as a “program of national significance.” At the time, direct state funding and grants were not available to enable low-income individuals and families to access such innovative services. RCF’s commitment to serving all populations led the organization to secure Medicaid funding for such services, a new use of Medicaid funds at the time.
We are currently seeking a Psychiatric Recovery Counselor for our Silver Spring, MD location. This is an exciting opportunity for individuals with experience working with Adults diagnosed with varying mental health and intellectual disabilities. This position will be responsible for TX planning, individual counseling, documentation, case management, and group instructions, and will work in a multi-disciplinary environment with therapists, psychiatrists and nursing staff.
- Assesses clients' social, emotional, financial, health, or other problems to develop rehabilitation treatment plan.
- Implements treatment plans with client.
- Counsels clients, assisting them to identify and resolve problems and make effective use of resources.
- Organizes and conducts support groups as needed
- Works closely with families of clients and provides appropriate clinical referrals for family members.
- Maintains working relationships with staff of other agencies and institutions, homes, and facilities, and acts as liaison between clients and agency or institution.
- Develops and maintains contact with other agency staff and local service providers to promote coordination and integration of care.
- Helps clients understand mental illness and how it affects their health and life styles.
- Encourages clients to do things for themselves to retain feelings of independence and self-esteem.
- Prepares and maintains written case records, reports, and forms, performs case follow-up and closing, and performs other administrative tasks as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of two years related experience and/or training
- Must have valid driver's license and vehicle insurance
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to professionally handle difficult situations.
- Physically able to move/lift up to 50lbs.
- Available to work nights and weekends.
Affiliated Santé Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. Affiliated Santé Group participates in E-Verify.