Job Req ID: 190895
Position Number: 00151401
Employment Type: Part Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: Day Shift
Standard Hours: 24.00
Department Name: NSG - Psych Adult 1 North
Location: Behav Health Charlotte
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
The Psychiatric Technician is responsible for assisting the Registered Nurse in meeting needs of psychiatric or chemically dependent patients. Functions under supervision of the Nurse Manager, Supervisor, charge nurse or RN on the unit to which assigned.
- Observes, reports, and documents signs and symptoms or changes in patient behavior to charge nurse.
- Interacts with patients therapeutically.
- Assists, initiates, and participates in social and recreational activities, group therapy, patient teaching groups, and other group activities.
- Uses CPI techniques appropriately.
- Makes rounds on assigned patients at least every half hour during shift.
- Demonstrates flexibility in changing workload.
- Responds to patients with empathy, maintaining their dignity and confidentiality.
- Participates in unit-based process improvement activities.
- Participates in unit-based committees.
- May include on-call duties as requested by administration.
- All mandatory training as per facility policy.
Works in patient care area with potentially combative or self-destructive patients, including behavior control areas. Each employee has the responsibility to work in a safe manner. Work requires walking, standing, lifting, reaching, handling of charts, supplies, equipment, blood, and body fluids.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelors degree preferred. Relevant patient care experience in a hospital setting preferred. Good therapeutic communication skills required. CPI certification required within 90 days of hire date. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer