This position reports to the Clinical Nurse Manager, Intensive Psychiatric Services. Responsible for creating and maintaining a safe, structured and therapeutic milieu, with age-specific behavioral management practices. This position requires some familiarity with psychiatric disorders, the willingness and ability to learn how to facilitate therapeutic groups. Plans, implements and facilitates a variety of skill training and theme-specific groups; role models skills to patients such as communication, negotiation, problem solving and conflict resolution. Functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team in documenting and communicating pertinent information to the treatment team. Assists patients with activities of daily living (ADLs), which may include bathing, feeding and dressing patients. Creates a caring and compassionate environment through ECHN’s Core Values of Teamwork, Communication, Respect and Caring.
- A minimum of a high school degree or GED equivalent required, an Associate’s degree, preferably in psychology or other human services field is preferred.
- Must have certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support upon hire or receive certification within the new employee introductory orientation period and maintain clinical competency during employment with ECHN in this role.
- Must be trained in PMT and de-escalation techniques, as prescribed by ECHN, and receive certification within 6 months of hire into the role.
- Work experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
- Prior experience working with a psychiatric population is preferred.
- Strong verbal communication skills using the English language is essential.
- Must be able to function in an environment where multitasking is necessary.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills, leadership skills and be able to role model effective coping skills.
- Must be capable of taking swift and efficient action, including patient restraint when responding to patient emergency codes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Disclaimer: Job descriptions are not intended, nor should they be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of the principal duties and responsibilities of this position.These responsibilities and competencies listed below may change from time to time.