The role of medication techs in the Behavioral Health Division is to provide medication monitoring and supportive services to clients after-hours and on the weekends. These services are provided in coordination with CSP staff, crisis stabilization, crisis intervention and outpatient clinic staff. Job duties include: monitoring clients medication per their stated plan, documenting all client interactions, travel to and from client residences within Rock County and outside county lines as needed, and utilizing and participating in monthly supervision.
Provide direct client support by engaging with clients in person and by phone and providing assistance with problem solving and symptom management
1. Deliver medications and provide medication monitoring for identified clients per their stated plan.
2. Document contact with clients after each shift in Avatar.
3. Coordinate with crisis intervention staff and supervisors in after hours client crisis situations.
4. Communicate by phone with supervisors and other staff as needed to report emergency client situations if they arise.
Participate in various staff meetings
1 . Attend monthly unit meetings with other med techs and the med tech supervisory team.
2. Attend monthly individual supervision with supervisor.
3. Attend CSP staff meetings at least monthly at both JCSP and BCSP.
Other Duties as assigned