Are you an experienced Psychiatric Tech? Would you like an opportunity to give back to our men and women in uniform?
We are currently accepting resumes for Psychiatric Tech to provide medical services at the Department of Defense Military Health System (MHS) in San Antonio, TX area in anticipation of an upcoming government contract award.
Mental Health: 0700 – 1600, Monday through Friday
No federal holidays
For consideration please send resumes to: email@example.com
MedTrust is committed to quality in everything we do. We carefully match our employees to the right opportunity. We have earned the Joint Comission’s Gold Seal of Approval for Healthcare Staffing Services
Join a team whose business is built on a history of integrity, honesty, and reliability.
As a MedTrust team member, you are eligible for the following benefits:
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-term disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Federal Holidays
- CEU Reimbursement
We welcome new and incumbent inquiries for the opportunity to serve our Nation's Heroes!
Psychology Technician services at the Department of Behavioral Health inpatient and outpatient services at Wilford Hall Ambulatory Surgical Center (WHASC), Joint Base San Antonio (JBSA)-Lackland, Texas
- Conduct or assist in treatment and rehabilitation of patients. Perform initial basic assessment procedures including standardized psychological testing, clinical interviewing, mental status examinations, substance abuse evaluations, and psychological and nursing assessment.
- Identify mental health and nursing diagnoses, and provide patient education.
- Observe, monitor, record, and report patient's progress.
- Conduct or assist in conducting group and individual counseling, therapeutic community, and other related milieu activities.
- Institute precautionary measures to prevent patient injury or suicide.
- Assist patients with nutritional, hygiene, and comfort measures.
- Obtain and record vital signs.
- Coordinate with other agencies regarding specified care, treatment, prevention, rehabilitation, and administrative functions. Contact military and community agencies to obtain collateral information.
- Explain and interpret mental health services to patients or others.
- Assist in, or arrange patient referral to public, private, and military community agencies.
- Prepare and maintain records and reports pertaining to specialty services.
- Assist with care of individuals experiencing acute and post-traumatic stress reactions.
- Prepare and maintain treatment records.
- Graduation from an accredited Psychiatric Technician Program; or completion of an equivalent education and experience that meets the requirement of the American Association of Psychiatric Technicians or completion of education and experience as a behavioral science specialist/technician in the United States military and proof of having completed an Armed Forces course involving psychiatric technician training or civilian course from an accredited school in the care of behavioral health patients.
- One year of experience as a Psychiatric Technician after graduation.
- Basic Life Support
*MedTrust LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer