Englewood Health, an award winning community teaching hospital, is seeking a full-time Behavioral Health Specialist to join our team.
The Behavioral Health Specialist will have the opportunity to practice psychiatry in several fast-paced environments. These practice settings include:
- A 23-bed adult, voluntary inpatient unit, where he/she will have the ability to conduct admission assessments and contribute to the overall treatment plan for patients who are assigned to him/her, during the course of the primary patient’s course of hospitalization
- The Emergency Department, where patients are assessed for psychiatric care. The psychiatrist performs assessments and recommends courses of treatment, which may lead to admission to the adult inpatient psychiatric unit or to a referral for involuntary admission at other local facilities
- Affiliated rehabilitation and long-term nursing home/sub-acute facilities, where the psychiatrist will conduct ongoing assessments, engage in treatment planning and execute aspects of the treatment plan.
- 1-2 years of experience preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to prioritize and strong attention to detail required
- D. or D.O. degree
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Psychiatry
- Must have a Medical License in the State of New Jersey
- Successful completion of an ACGME-recognized residency in psychiatry
- Training in Child and Adolescent therapy highly desirable
- Department: Behavioral Health
- Location: Englewood, NJ
Status: Full Time
- Shift: Days
- Hours: Monday (Primary), T,W,TH,F
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary, benefits package, malpractice insurance, retirement plan, CME allowance, and a 1:16 call schedule.
About Englewood’s Behavioral Health and Psychiatry:
Englewood Health provides compassionate care for adults and seniors in need of behavioral health services, offering an interdisciplinary approach to treatment. Our team, comprised of the psychiatrists, nurses, social workers, occupational therapists, creative arts therapists, recreational therapists, and physical therapists, provides assessments and individualized treatments designed for positive recovery and restorations of quality of life.
Englewood Health, an award winning community teaching hospital in Englewood, New Jersey, is nationally recognized for cardiac surgery and cardiac care, breast imaging and cancer care, spine surgery, orthopedic surgery, and maternity care, and is an international leader in patient blood management and bloodless surgery. Our community-based EHPN Practices are committed to providing extensive ambulatory care with a range of inpatient and outpatient services.