MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR: Sign On Bonus, Relocation Assistance, National Health Service Corp Loan Repayment
JOB CATEGORY: BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
POSITION SUMMARY: This is a professional position of a highly complex nature involving the direct medical care of patients. The work is performed independently with clinical oversight provided by the Vice President of Clinical Affairs and administrative supervision provided by the Program Administrator and/or Region Director. The Psychiatrist must operate in accordance with the terms and conditions of the various contracts and grants providing for the funding of programs and projects.
• For assignment to the Behavioral Health Telehealth Program, will deliver services through a telehealth model.
• Graduation from a medical school approved by the Council on Medical Education and Hospitals of the American Medical Association or the Committee on Hospitals of the Bureau of Professional Education of the American Osteopathic Association, or Diplomat of the National Board of Medical Examiners or National Board of Osteopathic Examiners or the New Mexico Medical Board.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must have by date of hire and maintain current throughout employment:
• Board eligible or certified in Psychiatry.
• Licensed to practice medicine by the State of New Mexico with ability to obtain admitting privileges and active staff membership at local hospital, if applicable.
• DEA license.
• New Mexico Controlled Substance Registration (CSR).
• Medicare PIN and UPIN numbers.
• Medicaid number.
• Have First Aid and BLS/CPR or ACLS certifications within 30 days of hire. Certifications must meet the requirements listed in the document “BLS / CPR / ACLS & First Aid Training Resources” posted on Staurolite. It is your responsibility to keep your certifications current at all times.
• If assigned to the San Juan County Adolescent Residential Treatment Center (RTC), must have or be able to obtain BLS/CPR certifications during pre-service training.
This position requires successful completion of an initial post-offer of employment:
• According to PMS Human Resources Policy 205.006, “Healthcare Personnel Testing & Immunization Requirements,” this position must comply with required testing and immunizations. Testing and immunizations including TB, Hepatitis B (consent or waiver), Tdap, MMR, and Varicella, will be available at the employee’s PMS health center. Influenza vaccines will be required according to dates set by the CDC and NMDOH.
• Criminal Records Check.
NHSC Approved Site