Chestnut Family Health Center, a division of Chestnut Health Systems, seeks a full-time Psychiatrist to join our multidisciplinary team of caring and quality professionals committed to making a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
Psychiatrist will have the opportunity to work in a newly constructed 32,000 square foot health center with new equipment, pharmacy and lab on site, teaching kitchen and adjacent group rooms. The new health center’s design supports and encourages a multidisciplinary team approach to whole person, patient centered care that integrates primary care, behavioral health and dental (in near future) services.
Chestnut offers a robust benefit package. Additionally, Psychiatrist is eligible for National Health Service Corps loan repayment, can take advantage of flexible scheduling (no rounding, no weekends, no call) and Continuing Medical Education opportunities. Malpractice coverage is available through the Federal Tort Claims Act.
- Provide high-quality, patient-centered, culturally sensitive psychiatric care to CFHC patients.
- Provide direct medical prescriber services in accordance with the state of Illinois and agency policies and procedures.
- Set an example for and reinforcing evidence-based practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a physician license in the state of Illinois.
- Requires a Drug Enforcement Agency certification.
- Requires Board Certified/Board Eligible Physician in Psychiatry.
- Ability to speak Spanish is beneficial.
- Solid understanding of comprehensive mental health services.
- Ability to provide patient-centered psychiatric care.
- Ability to provide health coaching and health education to at risk or high risk patients and families.
- Willingness to work in an integrated primary care and behavioral health care environment.
- Willingness to work with underprivileged population.
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan with company match, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
For immediate consideration, please see us at www.chestnut.org/employment
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled