SUMMARY: Responsible for providing behavioral health care and comprehensive primary care coordination and treatment to the patients cared for in CFH Health Centers.
All medical staff work as members of the Patient-Centered Medical Home team in care provision and coordination.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs behavioral health evaluations and assessments as indicated by his/her specialty area.
- Provides services in accordance with generally acceptable standards of medical and behavioral health practice.
- Develops a plan of treatment/care for the patient that includes patient education and follow-up visits.
- Makes appropriate professional referrals, as indicated by the needs of the patient.
- Communicates with other health care providers related to diagnosis, treatment, and plan for the patient. Professional communication is documented in the medical record.
- Maintains current and complete documentation in the electronic medical record that reflects the care and services provided to the patient. Chart completion is consistent with CFH P/P
- Adheres to the center’s established policies and procedures.
- Participates as a member of the medical staff and adheres to the medical staff bylaws.
- Participates as a member of committees, as requested by the CMO.
- Provides supervision, collaborating physician support and consultation to staff nurse practitioners/physician assistants as requested by the CMO.
- Participates in the on-call and emergency coverage schedule, as directed by the CMO.
- Participates in all managed care plans as requested by CFH.
- Represents CFH positively in all professional and patient interactions.
- Current license as a physician in New York State.
- Meets all of the requirements for appointment/reappointment as a member of the medical staff.
- Will consider J-1 Visa and NHSC payback applications