PeaceHealth is seeking a Physician - Psychiatry (Outpatient adult) based in the Eugene, OR community.
PeaceHealth’s commitment to Behavioral Health is reflected in our state-of-the-art inpatient psychiatric unit, nationally respected research, and community advocacy and leadership. The team is involved in industry leading coordinated care through our transition team that involves integrating community based resources with our ambulatory facilities in care integration. We are currently transitioning into full coordination in the medical home model and providing telepsychiatry services.
As a result of our progressive programs, our work with first episode schizophrenia coordination and medication has garnered national attention. We are a National Institute of Mental Health participant in this multi-site national study. Our patient-centered approach has a primary goal of helping people recover and promoting a safe and inspired life to the community. Our 35 bed psychiatric unit is the largest in the state of Oregon and provides an integrated inpatient/outpatient model.
Position & Hospital Highlights:
- Flexibility with variety and interesting/challenging group of patients
- Full range of coverage from children to geriatrics
- Opportunities to mentor/teach rotating medical students through the Oregon Health and Science University
- Compensation up to MGMA 75% which also includes sign-on bonus & relocation
- Up to $150,000 in loan forgiveness for those who qualify
- RiverBend is a 386 bed tertiary care medical center which is the largest hospital on the West Coast between Portland and San Francisco.
- Intensive outpatient program/Partial hospitalization program with expanded wrap-around services to young adults
- Full consult services at both PeaceHealth hospital campuses
- ECT Services available
- Active collaboration with ED and is fully staffed with excellent crisis team
- Care is closely coordination in our seamless continuum of care with our community based ambulatory treatment teams
- Leaders in the community the community and the PeaceHealth system in care innovation
- Our program is the mental and behavioral health safety-net for central Oregon
Eugene is the second largest city in Oregon and is just 90 minutes south of Portland. Also called the 'Emerald City' the city resides in the south end of the Willamette Valley, near the confluence of the McKenzie and Willamette rivers. The city’s official slogan “A Great City for the Arts and Outdoors," truly reflects the diverse breath of events in arts and a host of outdoor activities. If you have always wanted big city amenities with small town feel, Eugene is the place for you. Here a few highlights:
Here’s why you should experience Eugene, Oregon:
Eugene is the place for the outdoor enthusiast. With everything from hiking, biking, kayaking, swimming, running and water sports, there is no shortage of things to do outside. Check out Spencer’s Butte which provides some spectacular views of the city!
The Hult Center for the Performing Arts features all kinds of entertainment including jazz, opera, ballet, the Eugene symphony and choir. Eugene also has other numerous venues for live music, major concerts and theater.
Go shopping at the 5th street market. Spend an afternoon visiting the shops and enjoy a multitude of international cuisine while local musicians provide live entertainment at the market.
Sports fanatic? Eugene is home to the University of Oregon (Mighty Ducks) where you can catch professional, Olympic and collegiate sporting events
If you’re an avid runner, Eugene is known as Track Town U.S.A! Eugene is also an known for being a very cycling friendly city!
Local airport with direct destinations all over the Western part of the United States.
1 hour away from the city of Florence, situated on the scenic Oregon coast. Florence, Oregon was voted the nation's "most beautiful small city" by Expedia!
Home to a community of strong education. Many high schools were given top accolades in the state of Oregon.