The Psychiatristis responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of mental health disorders, counseling, and continued health care of UHC patients, as appropriate. By the very nature of the profession, the level of assignment will call for a maximum degree of knowledge, professional judgment, and ingenuity.
MAJOR DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
· Obtains clinical histories.
· Performs full range of Psychiatric services to include: examination, evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of patients.
· Determines tests needed, and orders and interprets clinical and laboratory results.
· Assists in the development of comprehensive and therapeutic treatment plans for an assigned caseload and provides direct services based on established treatment.
· Evaluates psychotropic medication needs of patients and recommend the appropriate treatments to patients.
· Manages on-site crisis intervention.
· Performs disability evaluations and rating of claims for compensation pension, etc.
· Refers patients to hospitals for admission and follow-up when needed and accepts referrals from other Specialists/Providers of UHC medical team.
· Conducts peer review and quality improvement activities on a regular basis.
· Attends meetings as assigned.
· Prepares formal written reports on evaluations and recommendations for the authorized referral agencies.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field.
· Must have current DC License, DEA, and CDS registrations.
· Graduate of an accredited Medical School and Psychiatric Residency Program.
· Board eligible or board certified in Psychiatry.
· Must be willing to accept "on call" duties on a regular rotation.
Required Education/Required Training: Graduate of an accredited Medical School. Licensed or eligibility as an MD in DC, a DC Controlled Substance Number, and a Federal DEA Number, Dispensing certificate, CPR certification and other applicable statuses which addresses the provision of medical and medically related services in DC. All Licenses held must be current and retained in good standing.
Required Experience: Minimum of 2-4 years of psychiatric experience. Experience working with underserved or homeless populations preferred.
*For correctional position-correctional experience- preferred but not required.