Northeast Georgia Health System is seeking to add an exceptional Psychiatry - Medical Director to their growing team! Psychiatrists interested in leading an Inpatient, Outpatient and CL program with a passion for excellence in patient care and equally competent clinical skills should apply.
Education, Training, & Experience
- MD or DO
- Board Certified in Psychiatry
- Ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of Georgia
- Functions well in a team environment, contributing to and supporting organizational goals.
- Desire to be part of an expanding and high-volume psychiatry practice.
Behavioral Sciences Program Overview
Located on the main campus of Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC)(557 beds) and Laurelwood (54 beds) provides a broad range of services for adolescents and adults experiencing mental health or substance abuse problems. Laurelwood offers a variety of treatment options including: detoxification, inpatient treatment, day partial treatment, intensive outpatient treatment and aftercare support.
- Full-time position
- Oversight of Psychiatry program
- Psychiatry GME starting in 2022
- Align Psychiatry with system initiatives
- Currently six Outpatient, two CL and one Inpatient Psychiatrists
- Short Term - Average patient stay in Laurelwood 4-5 days
- EMR Platform - EPIC
Benefits of Working at Northeast Georgia Health System
- Excellent Compensation and Benefits package
- Sign-on Bonus & Relocation Available
- Malpractice Coverage Provided
- NGHS is a Teaching Hospital with a growing GME program
- Americas 50 Best Hospitals - Healthgrades
- Recognized in recent years as Georgias #1 Hospital for overall hospital care, overall surgical care, heart care, orthopedic surgery, womens care and more
- Thriving economy, low cost of living, and Award-Winning Schools
- Endless Outdoor Activities including hiking, biking, and world-class water sports on Lake Lanier
- Short Commute only 45 minutes to Atlanta and 45 minutes to the North Georgia Mountains
Northeast Georgia Health System - Dramatically Different
Northeast Georgia Physicians Group (NGPG), one of the largest multi-specialty groups in Georgia, brings together more than 465+ talented physicians and advanced practitioners representing 30 specialties at over 70 locations. NGPG is affiliated with Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS), which serves more than 1,000,000 people in more than 19 counties across the region. As part of NGHS, patients of NGPG have a direct connection to Northeast Georgia Medical Centers four hospital campuses in Gainesville, Braselton, Lumpkin and Barrow County. Learn more about our awarded services at www.nghs.com.
Please email CV to Marshall Poole - Physician Recruitment Marshall.Poole@nghs.com