Vidant North Hospital
ACCEPTING CANDIDATES FROM SEARCH FIRMS FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY
Vidant Medical Group and Vidant North Hospital located in Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina are seeking a BC/BE Psychiatrist to join their inpatient behavioral health service. New graduates and Visa candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job Highlights Include:
- Employment by Vidant Medical Group, a physician led medical group employing over 500 providers in over 100 practice sites
- Hospital privileges at Vidant North Hospital
- Full time position with an inpatient focus on admissions, consults, and liaison needs on medicine units and in the emergency department
- 20-bed adult psychiatric unit (Woodside) with 5 beds designated for IVCs and 6 transfer beds in the ED with an average census of 14-16 patients and an average length of stay 7-10 days
- Established behavioral health team that includes experienced RNs, NAs, RTs, and LCSWs as well as APP backup coverage
- Call: 10 nights per month to include 1 weekend per month with inpatient rounding, emergency department triage, and consults
- Attractive work/life balance including the ability to live on beautiful Lake Gaston or the Roanoke River
- Close proximity to North Carolina and Virginia beaches, Richmond, VA, and Raleigh, NC with easy access to a variety of outdoor activities
- Check out our excellent work / life balance video – here
- Competitive Compensation and Comprehensive Benefit Package to include:Annual Stipend, Relocation, Vacation, Sick, & Holidays, Malpractice (with tail), 401k matching program/ 457b, Medical, Dental & Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
Vidant North Hospital is a 204-bed hospital that includes a medical staff of over 60 physicians. With a service area that includes Halifax, Northampton, and Warren counties, the hospital offers a broad range of medical and surgical services including 24-hour emergency care, primary and specialty care, and diagnostic services.
Vidant Health is a mission-driven, 1,712-bed health system that serves more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is made up of 15,000 employees, 9 hospitals, home health, hospice, wellness centers, and Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician and provider group with more than 550 providers in more than 100 practice sites in eastern North Carolina. Vidant is affiliated with The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. As a major resource for health services and education, Vidant has a mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina. For more information, visit www.vidanthealth.com
Roanoke Rapids is located in northeastern North Carolina close to the Virginia border. Whether you prefer downtown living or more rural lake living, Roanoke Rapids/Halifax County has the perfect spot to call home! Roanoke Rapids affords residents the comforts of small town living within close proximity to the beautiful waterways of North Carolina and Virginia including the Roanoke River and Lake Gaston. Friendly neighborhoods conveniently located near the hospital, vast country acreage, and waterfront home sites are just a few of the things that make Roanoke Rapids unique.
- A desirable climate with mild winters and four distinct seasons – ideal for outdoor enthusiasts
- Outstanding recreation including golf courses, community theater, water sports, hunting, camping, fishing, community and state parks
- Close proximity to North Carolina and Virginia beaches
- Affordable cost of living
- Excellent public and private school options
If you, or a colleague, are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Ashley Rudolph at (252) 847-1944 or Ashley.Rudolph@vidanthealth.com.