St. Peters Health Partners has a full time employment opportunity for a Board Certified Psychiatrist to become Medical Director for the Department of Psychiatry and join a highly regarded behavioral health service line located at Samaritan Hospital in Troy, New York.
The largest program of its type in the region, St. Peter's Health Partners offers a broad spectrum of services from emergency care to outpatient care. Clinic care is available as well as three inpatient units offering 60 beds for inpatient care with mental health, MICA, and Gero-psychiatry units. The service line also has a robust addiction treatment delivery system that has its own Medical Director. The program is the largest in region and offers a robust continuum of care across a comprehensive health system. Additionally, we are advancing the use of technology and telepsychiatry.
The Medical Director will provide clinical leadership to Behavioral Health Services. The Medical Director is responsible for the quality of care provided by Psychiatry staff and compliance of all pertinent staff with the bylaws of the hospital, applicable policies and procedures and regulatory guideline. The Medical Director will act as a liaison between Behavioral Health Services and all medical personnel. The position is partly administrative and partly clinical providing Consult/Liaison services to the medical surgical units within the hospital.
Essential functions of this opportunity include:
- Provides Leadership and direction to the Psychiatry staff assuring effective and efficient delivery of patient care.
- Ensures Psychiatry staff and departmental compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- Assists Executive Director identifying and meeting objectives for ongoing performance improvement.
- Accountable for coordination and monitoring of the delivery of medical services for Behavioral Health patients in the Emergency Department and Inpatient Psychiatric Units.
- Represents St. Peters Health Partners throughout the community, promoting positive relationships and establishing new referral bases.
- Contributes to the development of Behavioral Health annual strategic plan and assumes direct responsibility for components related to clinical development and provision of care.
- Provides direct clinical services and consultation as indicated.
Applicants should have the following: Board Certification in Psychiatry, experience treating an adult psychiatric patient population and DEA Licensure/NYS licensure is required. Experience in an inpatient setting is preferred.
This opportunity is unable to sponsor H-1B visa and J-1 waiver candidates.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Psychiatrist to become Medical Director for a highly regarded behavioral service line within Samaritan Hospital and St. Peter's Health Partners.
St. Peters Health Partners offers a comprehensive salary and compensation package that includes:
- Competitive salary including starting bonus
- Excellent benefits; including health/vision/dental insurances
- Paid malpractice, including post-SPHP employment tail coverage
- CME time & expense allowance
- Paid time away from the practice
- Two-part retirement savings program with employer matching program
- Relocation assistance is available