MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center has an excellent full time opportunity for a Board Certified or Board Eligible Psychiatrist to join a busy, well-established practice located in Mason City, Iowa.
The selected candidate will join a three physician and one midlevel practice, covering a 14 county area with a total population of 250,000.
This practice is located at the local hospital, MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center, a 342-bed regional referral and teaching hospital. MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center just opened a $10.6 million Behavioral Health Center in June. The overall design of the new center was created by the extensive research and site visits by our Behavioral Health Team who visited several regional behavioral health facilities. The addition is next to our Emergency Department and includes the following elements:
- First floor - houses our outpatient services including the Intensive Outpatient and Partial Hospitalization programs. The space includes an intake room, a 12-bed adult unit and group room. The entrance to the building also houses a unique feature - a community help center, which is called the "Jan Again Center for Hope and Safety." The help center provides free access to information on community resources, such as how to get help for those struggling with mental illness and general information on the disease.
- Second floor - home to an adolescent unit as well as a second adult unit. The adult units contain 24 private rooms, a group therapy room, a dining room and a large space for socialization. The adolescent unit has 5 semi-private rooms, a group therapy room and a dining room.
- Sensory or "calming rooms" in each of the inpatient units.
- Specific areas in the inpatient and outpatient units for telehealth treatment.
- Open concept nurses stations supported by recent research indicating a correlation between open nurses stations on psychiatric units and decreased rates of violence toward staff and lower rates of seclusion/restraints on those units.
This is an underserved area, so the practice opportunities are unlimited! Outpatient practice also includes services with several nursing home and residential care facilities.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right Psychiatrist to be part of MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center.
A competitive compensation and benefits package is available for the right candidate.