The Psychological Mental Health Technician shall assist with the management and treatment of outpatient behavioral health activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Primarily responsible, under the supervision of a licensed psychiatrist, social worker, psychiatric nurse or psychologist, for providing a wide range of behavioral health interventions from prevention to treatment to individuals and who assigns work by defining objectives, priorities, and deadlines, and provides guidance on assignments that do not have clear precedents.
• Under the supervision of a credentialed provider, conduct intakes, assist with care and treatment of psychiatric, drug and alcohol patients, and counsel clients/patients with personal, behavioral or psychological problems.
• Accomplish work on a substantially independent basis, performing a full range of standard and nonstandard work assignments and resolving a variety of non-recurring problems encountered on own initiative. Extensive guidelines are available; however, the contractor must use judgment in locating and selecting the most appropriate guideline for application to the work situation at hand. Unusual matters which may not be specifically covered by policy statements or published regulations shall be referred to the Government supervisor.
• Observe patients to detect behavior patterns and reports observations to licensed behavioral health staff.
• Lead prescribed individual or group therapy sessions as part of specific therapeutic procedures under the guidance of a licensed mental health professional.
• As needed, complete initial intake interviews and complete required forms for new patients on behalf of the licensed mental health provider.
• Depending on the location and type of assignment, the contractor may be required to perform one or more of the following tasks: Conduct intake interviews under the supervision of a licensed mental health professional, administers psychological tests, compiles data and prepares reports for psychological testing under the supervision of a licensed psychologist, administer psychophysiological tests and assessments under the supervision of a licensed medical/mental health professional, populate and maintain a computerized database which will contain the listing of all units within the HQ organization and identify the number of service members assigned to each unit/Directorate in order to compile monthly training statistics.
• Collect and maintain monthly statistical data assigned work place.Required Education/Experience: • Associate degree or commensurate level of training, e.g. military mental health technician, for a psychiatric technician or mental health program assistant. Education requirement may be met by military or comparable training. If military trained, the individual’s specialty must be as a mental health technician / specialist. Applicable psychiatric technicians’ training shall include a sound foundation / basis to psychology and/or social work and they are well prepared for the types of individuals and potential illnesses that they will likely deal with. This training shall also address the basics of conflict management and how to de-escalate crisis situations and individuals who are agitated, violent or potentially violent and/or suicidal. • Minimum of threeyears experience as a psychiatric technician. Required Skills/Training: • Trained to intervene and, when required, to restrain violent or potentially violent or suicidal patients by verbal or physical means.•Fluent oral and written communication skills in English. Desired Education, Experience, Skills or Training: • Prior military and/or SOF experience is desired. Standard Company Requirements: • Position requires U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status. • Applicant must include desired salary in application submission. • Must comply with Safety, Health and Environmental plan, policies and procedures. • Must comply with the Quality Assurance plan, policies and procedures. • Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance. • Responsible for completing all required training. • Perform other assignments and duties, as required. This position does not offer relocation. This position is not eligible for the internal recruiting incentive program. KBRwyle is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.