STG International is seeking qualified candidates for the Psychologist position to work full-time providing health care to detainees in custody in support of ICE Health Service Corps at the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Medical Facility.
- Provides required counseling, psychotherapy, behavioral analysis, substance abuse education, and therapy.
- Determines need for and provides direct mental health services to detainees with identified mental health and substance abuse problems.
- Participates with health team members and provides guidance in the treatment planning process for detainees identified with mental health problems.
- Facilitates contact between the detainee patient and his/her social support systems.
- The incumbent is responsible for the psychological assessment and evaluation of detainees and the appropriate referral to outside treatment facilities in those cases of extremely severe mental disturbance.
- The incumbent also completes written evaluation reports on the mental health status of referred detainees.
- Provides counseling, psychotherapy, behavioral analysis, substance abuse education, and therapy as required.
- The incumbent is further responsible for recognizing when problems of adjustment, and maladaptive behavior or others conditions interfere with successful treatment and for referring detainees with such problems to the appropriate mental health facility for intensive mental health care.
- The incumbent also may provided education and training to ICE and medical staff in the area of mental health to include but not limited to suicide prevention, abuse and neglect and victims of torture.
- The incumbent shall have a Ph.D., or PsyD, in clinical psychology from a regionally accredited University or Professional School of Psychology, two years of supervised experience in either clinical, counseling, or health psychology, and licensed by a State or Territory at the doctoral level for the independent practice of psychology.
- Must have a license to practice in the state where the facility is located.
- Incumbents with graduation dates after 1 January 1982 shall meet the requirements for inclusion in the National Registry of Psychologist Providers. Those with doctoral degrees granted prior to 1 January 1982 shall meet the provisions for "Health Service Psychologist" or "Health Service Provider" under appropriate State or Territorial statues.
- The incumbent shall maintain his/her continuing professional education by completion of training to keep professional licensure and to meet the needs of IHSC.
- The incumbent must be capable of respecting and protecting the confidential nature of his/her work.
- He/she must be reliable and demonstrate good judgment, as his/her performance will normally have profound effects on the detainees and their involvement with the US Government.
STG International, Inc (STGi) is a workforce solutions company providing comprehensive healthcare delivery, Head Start and management consulting services and human capital solutions help our clients. Our services and solutions help our clients sustain and enhance their operations to better accomplish their mission.
STGi offers a competitive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous PTO policy.