Corizon Health is the pioneer provider of correctional healthcare in the United States.
We are a company built on more than 40 years of innovation and expertise in the industry.
Our people, our practices, and our commitment to success are the traits that make us the ideal employer as you begin or continue to advance your correctional healthcare career
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Psychologist to join our healthcare team at NorthWest Correctional Complex in Tiptonville, TN
- Responsible to provide direct clinical services, consultation services and supervisory services in accordance with the policies and procedures of Corizon Health, state statutes concerning the delivery and practice of clinical mental health services, and in accordance with the ethics and standards of the staff member's discipline.
- Provision of routine behavioral health services such as intake assessments, individual and group intervention, treatment planning, and discharge planning.
- Provision of crisis intervention services when requested by institutional staff, medical staff, or by inmate self-referral. (Crisis intervention can include consultation with institutional staff regarding management concerns, appropriate housing, referral and/or follow up. Crisis intervention activities may require on-call services.)
- Assist in effecting movement to appropriate setting when patient's mental status indicates he / she is a danger to self or others.
- Documents all clinical encounters and significant behavioral health information in the Electronic Medical Record in accordance with the policies and procedures of Corizon and the policies and regulations of the Department of Corrections or applicable client partner.
- Provision of assistance to the site's Psychiatrist and nursing staff in monitoring of patients receiving psychotropic medications.
- Provision of training in human behavior and/or mental health issues to institutional staff in accordance with institutional training programs as requested and as clinical service allows.
- Participation in staff meetings and in-service training programs as offered by behavioral health departments, Corizon, and the Department of Corrections or applicable client partner.
- Provides clinical supervision to behavioral health staff as assigned.
- Responsible to inform Lead Psychologist or Regional Mental Health Director of personal need for additional clinical supervision or overall problems in delivery of clinical services.
- Responsible to maintain confidentiality of inmate information in accordance with Department of Correction policy.
- Responsible to interrelate and work effectively with other behavioral health staff, Corizon administrative and medical personnel, Department of Correction staff, inmates and outside support agencies.
- Doctoral degree in Psychology or related field is required.
- Holds a current license as a Psychologist in the state of Tennessee
- Current HSPP (Health Service Provider in Psychology) endorsement or eligibility to deliver clinical mental health services under supervision until license and HSPP endorsement is gained required. Subject to initial and ongoing security clearance requirements.
This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening.Corizon Health. Category:Healthcare, Keywords:Psychologist, Location:Tiptonville, TN-38079