New England Geriatrics is currently searching for a dynamic therapist to join our rapidly growing behavioral health program. As consultants to the facilities and their primary care physicians, NEG clinicians evaluate and treat residents referred to them with a physician’s order. Our team consist of psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, physicians assistants, and social workers. Currently New England Geriatrics has over 230 employees located throughout 150 nursing homes, and 4 inpatient geriatric psychiatry units throughout Massachusetts and Connecticut. We offer competitive compensation, flexible work schedules, full benefit packages, dedicated sick time, and 401k retirement savings.
Candidates interested in part or full time work opportunities are encouraged to apply!
Responsibilities of NEG Therapist:
- Complete a psychosocial (initial) assessments
- Provide individual and group therapy
- Communicate or consult with residents' families or significant others
- Develop behavior plans for residents
- Recommend behavioral/therapeutic interventions to nursing home staff
- Collaborate with nursing home staff
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team
Experience with geriatric therapy highly preferred
Master's degree from an accredited college or university
Experience with independent billing preferred, but not required
Holds valid CT Psychologist Credentials
Job Type: Part-Time or Full-Time