Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to Always Do The Right Thing!
Our Psychologist will provide clinical mental health services to offenders/clients at correctional and detention facilities. Provides clinical supervision and direction to mental health professionals if any personnel are assigned to assist them. Provides mental health services consistent with expectations of professional training and experience.
Education for Psychologist:
- Doctorate in psychology
Experience for Psychologist:
Experience with mental health delivery systems
Significant professional experience in the mental field that indicates knowledge of diagnosis and treatment of psychological disorders and psychological evaluation techniques, including psychological assessment instruments
Licenses/Certifications for Psychologist:
- Licensed to practice psychology in the State by the appropriate state licensing agency
- Responsible to provide clinical and consultation services in accordance with policies and procedures of The Company Solutions (The Company) and the standards of the American Psychological Association (APA), NCCHC, and ACA
- Responsible to provide clinical services such as diagnosis and treatment of mental illness, psychological testing/assessment, psychological evaluations, crisis management services and other clinical services typically considered within the scope of practice of doctoral level psychologists
- Provide direct clinical services duties as outlined in the position description of Psychologist as needed to meet institutional mental health service requirements. These duties may include diagnosis and treatment of mental illness, psychological assessment/testing, psychological evaluations, training to staff in areas relevant to Psychologists clinical duties, and crisis intervention
- Ensure that services provided are in accordance with relevant ethical and professional standards of care
- Participation in case staffing or care management meetings involving active clinical cases assigned to Psychologist
- Participation in any quality improvement activities that involve psychology services
- Ensure clinical documentation is completed professionally and in a timely manner. Maintain data regarding services rendered relevant to departmental statistical needs
- In consultation with clinical and administrative supervisors, develop and implement goals and objectives for clinical services provided. May assist in the development and refinement of facility policies and procedures to ensure that these not only meet recognized standards, but also the institutions General Orders
- May assist in departmental staff selection and recruitment
- May assist in administrative and managerial responsibilities and duties of the Mental Health Coordinator in the absence of that staff member; such would be under the direction of the Health Services Administrator
- Immediately notify the Mental Health Coordinator or Director of any instances of serious suicide attempts, completed suicides, use of therapeutic restraints, or use of forced medications. Assist in review of any inadequacies with crisis intervention services and implement corrective steps as needed
- Provide timely notification to the Mental Health Coordinator or Director of clinical concerns that may impact a client or the mental health services program
- May be asked to review any psychological reports completed by other mental health staff
- May be asked to provide professional education or staff development of mental health professionals at the facility and for training of other facility staff regarding mental health issues
- May be asked to participate in supervision of other staff or become involved in supervision of an intern
- Comply with employee standards of the Facility. Compliance includes, but is not limited to, the maintenance of a working environment and personal appearance consistent with professional responsibilities, development of harmonious working relationships, and timely notification of supervisory personnel of absences from institution
- May be required to arrange and/or participate in a system of 24-hour crisis intervention services. Immediately notify the The Company Supervisor of any instances of suicide attempts, completed suicides, use of therapeutic restraints, or use of forced medications. Review any inadequacies with crisis intervention services and implement corrective steps as needed.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer