Are you interested in putting your skills to work serving military veterans and help them receive their well-deserved Veterans Affairs (VA) disability benefits?
If so we would like to speak to you about performing compensation and pension examinations as a Vighter employee in an outpatient clinic setting to support Americas heroes. These exams consist of an objective one-time non-treatment psychological assessment related to the veterans service-connected disability claims. Common reasons for disability claims include: PTSD, depression, anxiety, and eating disorders. Assessments are scheduled during normal business hours (Monday Friday), but work on the weekends may be available.
A typical appointment consists of: (1) a review of the veterans disability claim (Disability Benefit Questionnaire) and medical history prior to the appointment, (2) utilization of the DBQ as a guide during the examination to gather clinical information from the veteran, and (3) electronic submission of the assessment results after completion.
The number of patients seen per day scheduled for each provider depends on the number and type of DBQs claimed by the veteran. The number of claims per veteran varies as does the time it takes to assess each claim. Time is provided for dictation between patients so as not to disrupt the flow of the patient interview during the assessment. Clinical findings then undergo a quality check before they are submitted electronically to the Government, which facilitates timely disability award determinations for the veteran.
Vighter is a physician-led firm accredited by The Joint Commission and is verified as a service-disabled veteran-owned business by the VA. Since 2005 our company has provided healthcare services on challenging programs in support our Federal government clients. Our healthcare staff have performed Search and Rescue operations in Africa as well as Asia, assisted with the Ebola response effort, supported ICE with in-flight emergency medical services, conducted physical examinations for veterans seeking disability determinations, and many other missions. Apply today and our recruiting team will contact you within 24 hours.
- Doctorate Ph.D. or Psy.D. with a major in the Psychology field - 2+ Years experience required
- Graduation from Doctorate or Post-Doctorate APA Accredited Program
- Must be a licensed Psychologist in accordance with state requirements
- Interact positively with Veterans
- Complete Disability Benefit Questionnaires (DBQs) electronically.
- No treatment is determined
- No follow-up is performed
- Records must be submitted within 24 hours after completion of the exam
- Previous VA or compensation assessment experience is a plus, but not required as a few hours of training are provided free of charge.
- Must have minimum of 2 year post-doctoral experience
- Comfortable learning new technology and submitting examination documentation online. project.
- Proficient in the use of the computer and web-based programs
- Must be able to sit for more than 8 hours per day
- Must be willing to work overtime if necessary
- Must be able to use an elevator or walk up and down stairs
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and carry up to 10 feet
- Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows/knees and reach above and below shoulders
- Must be able to read and interpret handwritten and typewritten print
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation
- Must be able to pass a 5-panel urine drug screen
- General Liability, Professional Liability, and Medical Malpractice Insurance paid for by the company
- Full-time employees receive Health, Dental, Vision, Basic Life, Voluntary Life, Accidental Disability & Dismemberment, 4% retirement match 401K, Short-term and Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, and Accident Coverage
Vighter Medical Group is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Position is contingent upon contract award.