Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
The Psychometrist administers and scores psychological and neuropsychological tests
1. Administers and scores psychological and neuropsychological tests.
2. Conduct structured interviews.
3. Assesses limitations in validity-reliability of test-interview findings.
4. Interprets test-interview findings.
5. Consults with clinicians regarding individual patients as requested.
6. Consults with outside agencies regarding individual patients as requested.
7. Coordinate service testing schedule.
8. Organizes, maintains, and orders tests and test supplies
9. Codes and enters clinical data in database.
10. Maintains clinical data base.
11. Prepares periodic reports summarizing specific clinical data as requested.
12. Assist in the training of psychology-neuropsychology trainees, interns, and fellows.
13. Able to perform the clinical assessment and scoring duties as described in the position summary with adequate facility.
14. Completes position duties with the guidance of the clinical manager and supervision of the staff neuropsychologist.
15. Maintains appropriate work standards in all clinical activities.
16. Functions as an active team member within the Neuroscience Center.
17. Adheres to all policies and procedures of the Neuroscience Center and the hospital community.
18. Maintains a positive working relationship with administration and management, in keeping with hospital-wide goals and objectives.
19. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psych/ social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
20. Other duties as required.
1. Experience in administering and scoring psychological tests/measures is preferred.
2. Experience in administering and scoring neuropsychological tests is preferred.
3. Experience working with children/adolescents is required.
4. Experience with testing techniques is preferred.
5. Experience working with all levels within an organization is preferred.
7. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
8. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is preferred.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree in psychology or related science is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
2. Years of relevant experience: 0 to 2 years is preferred.
3. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: