Reports to: Assistant Head of School
About The Quad Preparatory School
The Quad Preparatory School is an alternative K-12 college preparatory school dedicated to the education of Twice Exceptional Students- bright and creative children who learn differently. Here, students rise to the level of talent, instead of being kept down to the level of challenge, in a completely alternative program that truly molds itself to each child.
The Quad Preparatory School is a trailblazing organization that prides itself on exemplary education and clinical care in a creative yet rigorous way. Our unique model fully integrates explicit social and emotional learning with a rigorous academic curriculum, specially designed to engage and motivate our highly capable students to reach their potential—as independent thinkers, empowered and mindful adults, and innovators and contributors to communities of excellence.
The Quad Preparatory School is also a vibrant professional learning community for employees. Our culture is collegial, responsive, and warm - and we look forward to welcoming you to our school!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work primarily with one assigned student to support all areas of learning, including academic content, psychosocial goals, and implementation of behavioral plans.
- Intervene in potential conflicts utilizing appropriate physical and/or therapeutic approaches for the purpose of diffusing confrontations and minimizing disruptions.
- Track psychosocial goals for student(s).
- Write progress reports for students.
- Support other students as instructed by supervisor.
- Implement curriculum and instructional activities driven by student learning styles and multiple assessment alternatives, and maintaining portfolios of student work to illustrate and record progress and achievement.
- Empower students to take charge of their learning by providing all necessary scaffolding, modeling, materials, and resources, and consistently maintaining a high level of expectation for student success.
- Collaborate with all academic and clinical staff members to plan, integrate, and facilitate cross-curricular, inquiry-based projects to enrich Common Core standards across all subject areas.
- Work cooperatively with school administrators, special support personnel, colleagues, and parents to deliver a fully-integrated, student-centered learning environment for each individual learner.
- Participate in all training and staff development modules, including reading required books and articles on cutting-edge 2E and other educational developments.
- Must be able to use GSuite, specifically Google Drive.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Attention to Detail
Maintaining Confidentiality and Privacy
Work Environment: This job operates in a school setting. School is located on the 4th floor of building. This role requires regular walking to various locations around the school.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and stooping all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 20 pounds. During fire drills, employee will need to use the stairs to go to ground level from 4th floor. Typing required for composing emails and writing reports.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a full time position in an educational facility which is open 8 hours a day. Employee will work 10 months out of the year according to academic calendar.
Required Education and Experience:
1 year crisis management experience
2 years experience working with children
AAP/EEO Statement: The Quad Preparatory School is based on an inclusive philosophy that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, marital status, creed, sexual orientation, familial status, citizenship, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law in its hiring procedures and policies.