To be responsible for evaluation, treatment planning, referral, care management, individual follow-up, and group therapy based on clinical evaluations of targeted populations; and acts as a consultant and liaison to physicians and clinical staff as well as outside agencies.
- Completes mental status and psychosocial assessment of members.
- Provides individual and group psychotherapy and classes, in person and through telemedicine, implementing goal specific and measurable treatment plans.
- Evaluates, counsels and refers members to more appropriate mental health provider(s) or to community resources when indicated.
- Provides urgent care and crisis intervention as indicated
- Provides more specialized treatment modalities when qualified by special training
- Consults regularly with psychiatrists on member care
- Communicates with Behavioral Health colleagues, Primary Care providers, and other Kaiser Permanente providers and agencies as needed to facilitate integrative care
- Prepares and submits reports on mental health activities requested
- Participates in staff development meetings and in quality of care activities on a regular basis
- Manages panel and practice management within departmental guidelines
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Starting Salary $81,000-$97,000 depending on experience
Excellent Benefits- Education reimbursement and leave, Paid Time Off, Retirement package, Bilingual Stipend and more.
This is a child therapy position, but must be willing to work with all ages, diagnoses and populations
Travel is rare, but occasionally may be asked to travel to another NOVA location to cover or to attend a training at another site in the region
Bilingual encouraged to apply
DBT, CBT, EMDR and other evidence-based practices and modalities
- Minimum five (5) years of Post Master's clinical experience in mental health required
- Minimum one (1) year of experience providing individual and group therapy required
- Minimum one (1) year of experience providing urgent care or crisis intervention required
- Minimum one (1) year of experience providing CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) required.
- Master's degree in social work or counseling required
- License, Certification, Registration
- Licensed as a clinical social worker or professional counselor in all three jurisdictions in which KPMAS operates - LCSW in VA, LCSW-C in Maryland, and LICSW in DC OR LPC in Virginia, LCPC in Maryland, and LPC in DC are required.
- New employees have one year from date of hire to obtain appropriate licensure in all three jurisdictions.
- Enrollment in PECOS within 90 days of hire required
- Strong assessment and Diagnostic Skills
- Treatment Planning Expertise
- Strong Individual and Group Therapy Skills
- Efficient and Effective Practice Management in a fast paced clinical setting
- Customer focus and strong ability to function as a team member
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software required
- Experience providing DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy) preferred
- Experience working with Eating Disorder, OCD, and / or Borderline Personality Disorder Populations preferred.