Title: Line Cook- Sat/Sun 5:30am to 2pm and Monday 11am – 7pm
Position Mission: The Cook is responsible for preparing food in accordance with the approved menu, current standards, guidelines, and regulations to assure that quality food service is provided at all times, in accordance with company’s mission, vision, and values.
Community Information: Oakmont of West Las Vegas is a luxury retirement community situated on a lush campus with lovely views of Las Vegas. We are also very close to shopping, fine dining, and entertainment. Developed by Oakmont Senior Living, Oakmont of West Las Vegas provides exceptional quality, comfort, and care with five-star services and amenities. Residents enjoy a rewarding lifestyle with the individualized comprehensive support that promotes continuing independence.
Why should you choose a career with Oakmont:
- Family Owned
- 401K Retirement plan and Life insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- $2000 Scholarship Program
- Emergency Family Fund
- Career Growth, Relocation and Travel Opportunities
- Prepare and cook all food items and meals in accordance with planned menus and recipes ensuring all meals and food preparation are of high quality, palatable and appetizing. Assist in food preparation for special meals, parties, events, etc.
- Prepare food and serve in accordance with sanitary regulations, as well as with established policies and procedures. Report any incidents or infractions to Sous Chef or Culinary Services Director.
- Assist, when requested, in the purchasing, inventory, checking in and storing of food and supplies. Ensure that stock levels of staple/non-staple food, supplies, equipment, etc., are organized and maintained at adequate levels at all times. Work closely with the Sous Chef and Culinary Services Director in specifying and selecting food products.
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for all staff, residents, and guests, following established safety standards.
- Encourage teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers and other departments.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prefer six (6) months experience working in a restaurant or similar environment as a cook.
- Possess written and verbal skills to interact and communicate effectively with employees, supervisors, physicians, healthcare professionals, residents and their families.
- Must pass a criminal background check before beginning work.
About Oakmont: Oakmont Senior Living is a recognized leader in the retirement industry, having planned and developed more than 50 retirement communities in the western United States. Oakmont strives to create an atmosphere of family and community among staff, residents and resident family members. We know that caring and meaningful relationships are the foundation for a rewarding life. Our belief and our mission are to treat each member of our community with respect and compassion. Our staff is hand-selected for their skills, previous experience, and passion for working with the elderly. Our practice is to incorporate joy and laughter alongside our expectations of excellence. Walk into our community and feel our pride in ownership and commitment to service.
EEOC: Oakmont Management Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, family medical history or genetic information, military status, or unfavorable discharge from military service. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including any recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.