Responsible for the maintenance of order within aquatic facility by enforcing all rules and regulations; performance of rescue of persons in trouble and resuscitation of swimmers in need; and administration of First-Aid to injured patrons.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Enforce all pool rules in a consistent manner.
- Identify potential accident hazards.
- Respond quickly, intelligently, decisively and in accordance with established emergency and accident management practices.
- Maintain cleanliness of pool deck and locker rooms.
- Facilitate public relations with a positive and professional attitude, courtesy and tact.
- As required, administer first aid and CPR.
- Complete appropriate reports.
- Monitor and record chemical levels.
- Attend and participate in all in-service training.
- Provides assistance in coordinating recreation and/or other special events hosted by the city.
- Carry out additional duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Must be at least 16 years of age. Positions require good verbal communication skills. Verifiable experience in
extracurricular activities at school and/or community setting. Prior work experience is not a requirement.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must possess current American Red Cross lifeguard certification. Must possess or have the ability to obtain an American Red Cross Advanced Lifesaving Certificate and have the ability to become First-Aid and CPR certified.
Starting at $10.21/hourly