- The job profile for this position is Pharmacy Technician Lead Representative, which is a Band 2 Professional Career Track Role.
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
Cigna Medical Group (CMG) has 18 pharmacies across the Phoenix Valley to serve our customers. Our convenient and reliable on-site pharmacies can handle all prescription needs. We carry brand name, generic, and a wide variety of over-the-counter medications. With multiple locations to choose from, patients can pick up their refill at the CMG pharmacy of their choice.
The Pharmacy Technician at Cigna Medical Group supports Pharmacy services by stocking, assembling, and distributing medications. The role requires a Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT).
- Helps health care providers and patients by greeting them in person and by phone; answering questions and requests; referring inquiries to the pharmacist.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs.
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Organizes medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions; preparing labels; calculating quantities; assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
- Maintains records by recording and filing physicians' orders and prescriptions.
- Generates revenues by calculating, recording, and issuing change.
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT) through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) required
- AZ Board of Pharmacy Certified Technician License required
- Graduate of a Pharmacy Technician Academic Program or equivalent job experience required
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficient technical computer skills
- 2+ years of experience in a retail environment
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills
- Cash handling experience in a retail environment required
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.