Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a skilled communicator and visualizer to join our Governance & Strategic Initiatives team. This team executes high-profile, cross-functional projects across Facebook, in close partnership with colleagues in Communications, Public Policy, Product, Data Science, Partnerships, and Operations. Current and past projects include the establishment of the company’s Oversight Board to govern Facebook’s approach to content and the development of a new approach to reducing misinformation by utilizing Facebook community members to help fact-checkers more quickly identify false claims.
As a Public Affairs Manager on the Governance and Strategic Initiatives team, you will lead efforts for the team, researching information and working with team leadership, partners across Facebook, and external stakeholders to develop content that shapes the narrative internally and externally for the team’s project work. You will build and lead the team’s communication responsibilities, creating impact through delivery of these plans and content developed.
An ideal candidate will be able to think strategically in creating long-term plans and content for project work. Their diverse portfolio of drafted material should showcase their ability to convey complicated or nuanced topics in simple but elegant prose. An ability to identify and connect disparate concepts to shape a given narrative is crucial. This candidate will be an extremely strong communicator who is able to work with others at all levels and able to pivot in an evolving environment under time constraints.
1. Collaborate and work cross functionally with our partners in Communications, Public Policy, Product, Data Science, Partnerships, and Operations and team leadership to be able to outline and develop communications plans for the team creating timelines, content, scripts, talking points, and other materials
2. Research and package content from internal and external resources to develop insightful and engaging narratives to position team project work
3. Scope key team communication priorities and develop project plans and content in support of those priorities
4. Work with internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities to promote and distribute materials to increase visibility and impact
5. Bachelor’s degree in English, Political Science, Policy, Journalism, Communications or similar field
6. 6+ years professional experience in public affairs, media, strategy, consulting or communications
7. Proven drafting and editing skills
8. Proven track record of advancing thought leadership within a relevant field or industry, and experience consistently delivering original thinking across multiple topics
9. Proven project management and decision-making skills
10. Experience working under time constraints and deadlines
11. Self-directed, proactive and energetic
12. Experience thinking and communicating strategically with a variety of stakeholders
13. Strong grasp of Facebook and issues relevant to technology companies
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.