Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
We believe in the endless power of people when they come together. But we also believe strongly in our responsibility to minimize harm and keep people safe. In this role, you will be responsible for helping to execute on the Facebook company Public Affairs marketing strategy. You must have significant experience working in public affairs, including working on campaigns for elected officials at the state and national level. Analytical, team players who can easily adapt to changing needs and priorities and thrive in dynamic environments will be happiest in this role. If you are a strategic marketer who is creative, cares deeply about the intersection of products and society, crafts compelling messages, and excels at leading complex projects in fast-paced environments, then we'd love to meet you.
This is a full-time position based at Facebook headquarters in Menlo Park or San Francisco.
1. Develop advertising strategies that break through at the national, state and country level
2. Use data and insights to make campaigns and communications more targeted, persuasive and effective
3. Align key audiences, media and measurement approach into a single public affairs program stretching across multiple topics, and countries
4. Work in close partnership with the public policy, communications, product and creative teams to ensure all work is grounded in research and business proof points
5. Implement holistic and data-driven programs and process with clear, measurable results, that work in close harmony with media relations and direct outreach
6. In partnership with cross-functional counterparts, continually refine objectives, the audience, media and creative strategy, and measurement approach for the work
7. Define and own the approach, strategy and process to ensure the Facebook company shows up appropriately in relevant conversations
8. Be willing and able to flexible between strategic and tactical/executional responsibilities
9. Fast learner, eager to learn new technologies. Roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic and willingness to take the initiative and make things happen
10. BA/BS degree
11. 7+ years’ experience working on political campaigns either working directly for a candidate, at an agency or consultancy
12. Experience guiding senior leadership stakeholders
13. Experience leading and influencing teams not reporting directly to you
14. Project management experience, with experience leading and handling multiple time-sensitive, cross-functional projects on deadline
15. Highly professional communication and presentation skills
16. Demonstrated experience thinking strategically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations and action plans
17. Experience working effectively and swiftly with all levels of management, both internally and externally
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.