The purpose of the PUBLIC AREA ATTENDANT is to ensure that public areas, including elevators, hallways and lobby are clean at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains all public restroom and public areas of the hotel in keeping with high standards of quality.
- Responds to requests for items to be delivered (i.e. rollaway beds, refrigerators etc.) and may perform turndown service.
- Cleans back-of-the-house areas as well as providing items or assistance to the hotel staff ( such as checking the status of rooms, vacuuming offices etc.)
- Maintains inventory for public areas (i.e. towels for fitness center and pool area, headphones for fitness center etc.) and informs Supervisor when inventory is low.
- Consistently monitors public areas to ensure a high standard of cleanliness throughout the hotel.
- Performs additional cleaning projects as directed by the Supervisor (i.e. carpet cleaning, tile and grout cleaning, etc.)
- Perform all duties in accordance with brand standards and with emphasis on meeting or exceeding guest expectations.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- High school education is not required.
- Up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time up to 8 hours a day.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed accuracy, follow through, and work with a minimum supervision.
- Ability to grasp, bend, and stoop; push or pull heavy loads weighing up to 30 lbs.
What to Expect
- Be part of a cohesive team with opportunities to build a successful career.
- Have the opportunity to engage in diverse and challenging work.
- Derive a sense of pride in work well done.
- Be recognized for excellence.
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. Every reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled associates.
Resumes and applications for employment will be evaluated on the basis of qualifications to meet the requirements of the position and ability to perform the requirements of the position.