YNHS has been expanding our health services to care for more people in Yakima Valley. We have a committed team of professional staff who embrace our mission to serve our community.
We are looking for a Public Health Nurse.
This individual will be responsible for:
- Provide holistic nursing assessments, counseling and education to the maternal child health clients of YNHS through clinic and home visits.
- Participate actively in case conferences with other YNHS team members to address the comprehensive needs of maternal child health clients.
- Assist in development and implementation of YNHS policies, protocols, standing orders and quality assurance standards as requested.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with healthcare and social service professionals in the community serving YNHS clients.
- Work cooperatively with student nurses, modeling and directing public health nurse activities.
- Provide nursing services to special populations when needed (correctional facilities, KidScreen, treatment centers, senior centers, etc.).
- Work in coordination with other YNHS staff to develop education programs for YNHS clients and staff.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree or Associate’s degree plus two years of experience in maternal health nursing.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Washington.
- Convenient if bilingual in English/Spanish, English/Laotian, English/Cambodian, English/Vietnamese, and/or ability to sign.
- Candidate has not been sanctioned or excluded from participation in federal or state healthcare programs by a federal or state law enforcement, regulatory, or licensing agency