National leader in transportation research is actively seeking a dynamic team to gather data for an important transportation project in the downtown Los Angeles. Looking forenergetic and friendlypeople to survey bus riders.
This is a short-term projectexpected to runfor approximately one month. Shifts will be available between 6:00 AM and 7:00 PM. You will be expected to work between 24-40 hours during the project. Candidates who are selected for the position will receive paid training. You will gain valuable resume building experience in conducting primary research.
Key Job Functions:
- Interviewers will collect information from bus riders to secure their opinions on a variety of topics
- The position involves distributing/collecting surveys and assisting people in completing the survey
- Interviewers will record information including time, passenger refusals and overall passenger counts
- Surveys are standardized by project. Data must be collected as required to ensure that responses are captured accurately and in accordance with specified survey parameters.
- Interviewers are required to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Be able to carry/lift 10 lbs
- Be able to walk on moving vehicles and to climb stairs
- Be able to speak clearly, communicate effectively and read with corrected vision.
- Have legible handwriting
- Present a professional appearance
- Must have strong customer service skills
- Must be able to follow written and oral directions
- Must be able to ride without motion sickness or incontinence
- Must wear or carry a watch or reliable timepiece while working
- Must have a car or other means of reliable transportation to get to report location
- Must be 18 or older
Compensation: $12 / hour
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.