Organization: GOOSE ISLAND BREWERY
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago-Goose Island Beer Company
Job Type: Permanent
Posting Date: Jul 8, 2020
- Develop and manage communications around company initiatives, campaigns and brand plans.
- Conceptualize the direction and strategy for creative PR activations.
- Create and maintain local and national PR plans to deliver stories (beers, people, history, innovation, campaigns) and support events.
- Work with news media and manage relationships with reporters and influencers.
- Manage day-to-day internal and external communications.
- Coordinate with social media coordinators on announcements, programs and influencer outreach.
- Write and edit multi-media assets (PowerPoint presentations, web copy, blogs, etc.)
- Oversee PR annual media planning and agency communications, spend and support.
- Provide strategic communications, PR counsel and oversight as needed.
- Assist the sales team on communications to wholesalers, our key business partners.
- Work with the internal craft division communications team on broader programs and product/crisis-related issues as they occur, ensuring responses are brand and voice appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications or related field.
- 3+ years of relevant PR experience.
- Experience in strategic decision-making and execution across all available levers.
- Experience managing internal/external client teams and/or agencies.
- Sound understanding of risk management.
- Creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
- Beverage industry or alcohol industry experience a plus.
- A love and/or genuine interest in craft beer a plus.
As a leading brewer, we are committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It's this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.