Microchip Technology Incorporated is a leading supplier of field-programmable embedded control solutions by delivering a broad spectrum of innovative microcontrollers, analog, mixed-signal and security products, wired and wireless connectivity products, related non-volatile memory products and Flash-IP solutions.
- Hands-on public relations professional focusing on product, technology and company publicity in all relevant outlets. Comfortable working with trade media, local media, business media, industry analysts and bloggers in order to reach our customer base, prospective customers, investors and other key publics.
- Plan and implement all public relations activities supporting multiple product divisions and functional areas/departments.
- Work with product marketing professionals to create and shape strategic new-product promotional messages.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with relevant journalists, industry analysts and bloggers. Engage in proactive outreach, virtually and in person, to support both new products/technologies as well as ongoing initiatives. Look for insertion into trending topics and real-time opportunities.
- Engage in various writing assignments, such as press releases, award nominations, social media posts and other publicity materials. Actively manage the creation and direction of photos, diagrams and other graphics.
- Edit and provide directional counsel for external collateral such as contributed articles, conference papers and abstracts, presentations, videos, social media posts and more to create impactful content.
- Identify, pitch and secure contributed technical and trend articles, guest blogs and opinion pieces, as wells as presentations/papers at relevant conferences/trade shows.
- Pitch and secure interviews with key electronic press at relevant conferences/trade shows.
- Co-develop and coordinate plans with global colleagues and agencies.
- Execute community media relations activities in conjunction with human resources, and in support of Microchip’s activities with local affiliations and organizations.
- Leverage analytics systems to develop reports to gauge effectiveness, including content engagement and coverage measurement.
- Assist in all related activities that build brand awareness, engagement and preference for Microchip and its products.
- Reports to the Sr. Public Relations Manager
Enthusiastic public relations professional with a minimum of 2-5 years of public relations experience, in-house or at an agency. Must have extremely strong writing and editing skills with a proven ability in creating a wide range of publicity materials.
Equal Opportunity EmployerMicrochip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.