Public Safety Dispatcher - OPT - IT Telecommunications - INTEGRIS
Serves as the telephone communications link between the calling party and Armed /unarmed Public Safety Officers in the field. Provides public service to patients, visitors and employees. Accurately and efficiently obtains, recalls, and relays pertinent information, exercising appropriate communication, tact and diplomacy. Remains calm in emergency situations and makes timely and accurate decisions while maintaining confidentiality. This position requires age related competencies.
The Public Safety Dispatcher responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Accurately, efficiently and politely receives and transmits information via telephone and through Computer Aided Dispatch system input, retrieves information concerning emergency and non-emergency situations, and records information. Routes/dispatches calls as needed.
* Monitors the status of Public Safety Officers and their calls; watches the security monitors, and dispatches officers to any incidents that appear suspicious.
* Proactively monitors the security cameras and access control systems.
* Supports the physical safety of the Public Safety Officers by assigning back up support and monitoring their calls
Reports to the Public Safety Director and Telecommunications Manager or supervisor . Completes job duties and serves customers efficiently and resourcefully to result in customer satisfaction and cost effectiveness.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Sedentary (exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Normal office environment. Interacts in situations with abusive and/or combative persons.
Job Code: 6121
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
* Must have high school diploma or its equivalent.
* Must have minimum of 15 college hours or a minimum of 1 year of previous dispatching experience.
* 1 year of prior experience in private security work or police dispatching, Prior experience in Security is preferably from a hospital; one year of experience dealing with the general public may be substituted.
* CLEET Phase I & II within 6 months of hire.
* IAHSS Basic Certification within 1 year of hire.
* Must be proficient in using various computer programs such as Microsoft Office.
* Previous experience operating two-way radios and multi-line telephone systems required.
* Must be able to read, speak, and write English effectively.