Join a big-five publisher and be part of our mission to inspire the world. The Fiction team at HarperCollins Christian Publishing prides itself on strong author relationships, award-winning content, and a cohesive team environment and is currently seeking a Publicity Manager. The Fiction team at HCCP manages both the Thomas Nelson and Zondervan imprints and is proud to publish such bestselling authors as Patti Callahan, Charles Martin, Colleen Coble, Lauren Denton, Terri Blackstock, and Sean Dietrich, as well as numerous others.
The Publicity Manager will develop and execute cohesive and winning publicity strategies for HCCP Fiction titles and will provide PR leadership for the HCCP Fiction team.
- Collaborate with Fiction marketing and other internal and external HCCP stakeholders to develop and execute targeted publicity campaigns for HCCP frontlist titles.
- Actively develop and maintain media contacts, including national, regional, local and online; continuously researching new outlets for possible coverage.
- Manage internal and external communication of the HCCP Fiction team, including writing press releases, pitch letters, and promotional materials, creating marketing and PR updates to internal constituents, managing presentations for internal sales conference, and creating presentation materials for external events and conferences.
- Create Advanced Reader Copies and distribute to sales, professional review outlets, and various PR contacts including media, bloggers, online influencers, etc.
- Organize and complete all press mailings; track and secure trade review coverage for frontlist titles.
- Pitch author/titles to online, print, podcasts, radio, and TV, and continually monitor and communicate PR opportunities and challenges to internal team.
- Leverage social media to create awareness and buzz around book releases, both with major traditional media outlets and bloggers.
- Research, negotiate with, and manage outside publicity firms.
- Manage author book signings at various retailer and industry events, coordinating PR opportunities and Retail partners.
- Serve as a best practices resource for PR activity, monitor the changing landscape and identify the best possibilities for coverage with the most relevant parties.
- Build and maintain strong author and internal team relationships.
- Maintain full marketing/PR plan responsibility for HCCP Fiction titles.
Knowledge: Strong grasp of publicity concepts with a particular concentration on mass media and social media. Expertise in creating presentations and in effective verbal and written communication.
Work Experience: 5+ years working in public relations field, preferably in book publishing or a related media.
Education: Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on Communications, Journalism, or English.
Industry Knowledge: Strong grasp of the book publishing industry, preferred. Established media contacts, preferred. Passion for books, fiction in particular, preferred.
Publicity Manager should possess:
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- history of working with mass media and social media
- ability to work in a highly-collaborative and strategic team environment
- skilled at using PR databases (e.g. Cision, Vocus, etc.)
- proven success in dynamic and extremely fast-paced business environment
- expertise in presentation creation software (Powerpoint, Canva, etc.) and strong graphic design skills
HarperCollins Christian Publishing is an Equal Opportunity Employer