Kargo is the leader in mobile brand advertising. Bringing together creativity, technology, and quality, Kargo empowers advertisers to break convention and build connections with consumers on the most important screen today – the phone. Through Kargo’s high-end editorial alliance of world-class publisher partners, as well as its proprietary advertising automation tools and award-winning creative studio, brands and agencies have the ability to reach 100% of smartphone users in the United States with memorable, measurable mobile ad experiences. Kargo and Kargo leadership are regularly recognized for the company’s growth and achievements, including: Adweek Mobile Innovator (2017), Business Insider’s “Hottest Pre-IPO Ad-Tech Startups” list (2015 and 2016), the Crain’s New York Business Fast 50 list (2015 and 2016), the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 award (2016), the EY Entrepreneur of the Year NY award (2016), Great Place to Work (2017), Top 25 Workplaces in NYC (2017), and the Inc. 5000 list (2015, 2016 & 2017). Kargo employs 250 people in New York, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Auckland, and Sydney.
For more information, visit Kargo at www.kargo.com or follow Kargo on Instagram (@kargomobile), Twitter (@kargo) and LinkedIn (Kargo).
Summary of the Job’s Purpose:
Kargo is looking for a new analyst to join our tight-knit Publisher Partnerships Team. The department provides white-glove managed services for top media companies including NBCU, CBSi, Complex and Buzzfeed. In this role, you will work closely with the Senior Manager, Publisher Partnerships to provide our partners data-driven consultation on how to maximize their ad revenue and improve performance. The ideal candidate has an affinity for numbers and the ability to communicate findings to internal stakeholders and clients alike.
Part doctor to diagnose, part detective to investigate, part consultant to present recommendations, the analyst will play a crucial role in supporting our existing relationships, as well as growing our publisher base. We’re looking for someone that is excited to learn and contribute to Kargo’s mission of supporting premium editorial content with advertising technology that works.
- Use and organize reporting to identify potential tech issues or changes to our partner’s sites, monitoring daily dashboards to ensure optimal account management
- Craft data-driven recommendations for clients on how to improve ad performance, yield, and user experience
- Develop and spearhead new analytic approaches that improve existing workflows and/or pain points for the Publisher Partnerships team
- Work closely with Kargo’s Solutions Engineers, Product, and Yield teams to ensure all integrations and operations run smoothly
- Assist in the composition of external-facing presentations, as well as attend client meetings to lend data-oriented insights on publisher account history, current performance, and opportunities for growth
- 1+ years of experience in a data-focused role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a requirement (Pivot Tables, Lookup Tables, Functions, etc.)
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Critical attention to detail and a natural inclination to collaborate cross-functionally
- Eagerness to dig into reporting and deeply investigate trend changes and issues
- Solutions-oriented team player that can maintain a “can-do” attitude under pressure
- Experience with Looker, GAM, Moat, and Jira is a plus