ASTM International is a globally recognized leader in the development and delivery of international voluntary consensus standards. Today, some 12,000 ASTM standards are used around the world to improve product quality, enhance safety, facilitate market access and trade, and build consumer confidence.
ASTM provides an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
• Undergraduate and Graduate Tuition Reimbursement
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
• Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
• 403(b) plan with company match
• 100% company-funded defined benefits pension plan
The Publishing Analyst will support the Publishing Manager and Production Department by managing implementation of all assigned digital content projects from content collection, analysis, creation, and assembly through final product delivery. Their focus will be on ASTM & third-party content, publishing workflows, and content processing. This position is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, execution, and completion of production projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments, and goals. This position also takes the lead in defining project scopes, objectives, tasks, and resource requirements. The Publishing Analyst will work on teams and independently to develop, establish, and maintain standard operating procedures. The incumbent will help to oversee content projects to ensure the desired result is achieved, the most efficient resources are used, and the different interests involved are satisfied.
This position reports to the Publishing Manager with supervisory responsibilities. The Publishing Analyst III leads content publishing activities with in-house clients, vendors, and other third-parties.
• Responsible for content analysis, project launch, management, and execution, as assigned
• Responsible for leading timely, quality production and curation of any ASTM content, third-party content, standard translations, book(s), journal(s), adjunct(s), reference radiograph(s), or other products as assigned from inception to completion
• Lead enhancement requests for IT development of applications and software to support publishing operations, product support, and process streamlining. Provide operational objectives, requirements, and data from business standpoint
• Practice and apply critical-thinking and problem-solving skills to each project assigned; be a thought leader and model for peers
• Define metadata and develop mapping documentation for web and subscription platform management team
• Perform audit of assigned job requests. Ensures all specification information needed is available to produce material or digital files. Correspond with requestor and stakeholders to do so.
• Define and improve content production workflows (including interdepartmentally), with the understanding of ASTM system capabilities and any manual efforts.
• Contribute to systems enhancement backlog by studying current practices and recommending modifications and improvements
• Lead complex projects and exhibit a proactive approach to identifying new opportunities and operation
• Develop and maintain special initiatives or departmental activities that will aid in increasing productivity, enhancing department workflow, decreasing costs, improving quality or other identifiable benefit
• Define project tasks and resource requirements, and manage project resource allocation
• Develop, lead, and execute project plans
• Assist in assembly and coordination of project staff
• Manage project budget
• Plan and schedule project timelines
• Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
• Provide leadership to project team
• Perform quality assurance and work with IT operations to automate content validation(s)
• Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders. Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
• Lead UAT (user acceptance testing) and enhancements put into production for the ASTM publishing platform and content management system(s)
• Document process and train staff on interdepartmental production workflows, ASTM publishing platform, and content management system(s)
• Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
• Steer project evaluations, lessons learned, and assessment of results
• Recommend vendors and obtain competitive quotes by negotiating with approved vendors
• Develop and maintain documentation for job function(s)
• Contribute to annual budget process and supply interim reports as required. Prepare budget worksheets, gathering costs for forecast and budget for assigned product lines
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 3+ years professional experience in digital publishing and content analysis
• 3+ years experience with Content Management Systems (ie. MarkLogic, Alfresco, etc.)
• Proficient in MS Office
• Fluent written and spoken English language skills
• Detail-oriented, analytical, and inquisitive
Preferred Qualifications & Competencies
• 3+ years experience in systems/workflow analysis skills
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Proven ability to succeed in a fast-paced, high-volume environment and ability to manage multiple and competing priorities and tight deadlines while ensuring consistent progress on projects
• Proficient in publishing workflows and process improvement
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• 5+ years experience in project management
• Proficient in budget management
• Strong business sense
• Competent in troubleshooting technical problems
• Skilled in verbal and written communication
• Proficient in communicating technical subject matter to non-technical audience
• Ability to deal diplomatically with customers and vendors
• Understanding of the concept of granular, data publishing over document-based publishing
• Proficient in XML, MathML, XHTML, CSS, and other ways of identifying content
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills displaying cooperative attitude and flexibility
• Ability to work under tight deadlines
• Strong curiosity about publishing trends
• Knowledgeable on leading project management techniques, tools and trends
• Experience in Oracle eBusiness Suite or similar system is preferred
This job description is not intended to provide an all-inclusive listing of related job activities. Associates may be requested by management to perform other related activities in place of or in addition to those representative activities noted in this job description.
ASTM International is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.