Atrium Health, is one of the nation’s leading and most innovative healthcare organizations, providing a full spectrum of healthcare and wellness programs throughout the Southeast region. Join us in providing compassionate, world-class care. Our Mission: To improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. Our Vision: To be the first and best choice for care.
Pulmonary/Critical Care/ Sleep Position in Shelby, NC (35 mins from Charlotte International Airport)!
Our ideal candidate is a medically trained physician in Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine is a plus.
We are recruiting a Board Certified Pulmonary/Critical Care, fellowship trained Pulmonary/Critical Care physician for a position at Cleveland Pulmonary & Sleep Associates. Specific fellowship training in Pulmonary/ Critical Care is required, strong interest and prior experience in Sleep Medicine is preferred.
- Lifestyle balance (favorable critical care and pulmonary schedule) 1 week call, 1 week clinic, 1 week free time (Outpatient M-F 8a-5p; Inpatient 24/7)
- Ability to develop areas of interest (EBUS, navigational bronchoscopy)
- Opportunity to work with academic system with recent merger with Wake Forrest Medical and further areas of interest
- Potential opportunity to work with teaching duties with Internal Medicine Residents and to participate in anticipated medical school
- ICU supported by Virtual Critical Care and in-house anesthesia staff at night that can provide intubations and arterial lines. Vascular access team in place for support in the ICU.
- Competitive, robust compensation and comprehensive benefits package
- Practice environment with established group of 3 Pulmonary and Critical Care physicians and 2 APP’s
- Outpatient M-F 8a-5p; Inpatient 24/7
- Outpatient - Adults 50%/ Inpatient- Adults 50%
Shelby is located 35 minutes from Charlotte International Airport, located 1 hour from Asheville, NC. Diverse professional sports including NASCAR, the NFL Carolina Panthers, NBA Charlotte Hornets, Carolina Knights baseball, Charlotte Checkers hockey, and golf, as well as unlimited year-round recreational opportunities. within one -hour drive. Community has access to two highly ranked Charter Schools (Thomas Jefferson Classical Academy ranked as a top 10 high school in NC and ranked 277 in the U.S. U.S. News and World Reports). Charlotte is 35 minutes away and the largest and most accessible city between Washington, DC and Dallas, TX. World-class entertainment, eclectic culinary experiences, as well as an abundance of literary, musical and cultural opportunities are all readily available and easily accessed. Excellent public and private schools and numerous top ranked colleges and universities throughout the greater Charlotte region and state of North Carolina. Easy drive to the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains and many most popular US beaches. Immediate access to a major, easy to navigate international airport offering direct flights across the country and to several international destinations.