Clearwater Paper Corporation (NYSE: CLW) is a $1.7B company that manufactures quality consumer tissue, away-from-home tissue, parent roll tissue, and bleached paperboard and pulp at manufacturing and converting locations across the nation. Working at Clearwater Paper provides an opportunity to enrich your career through challenging and meaningful work and ongoing training and development—all in a supportive environment. We know our success depends on your success.
The Pulp Mill Superintendent reports to the Operations Manager and will have leadership responsibility for the safe and environmentally compliant operation of the Bleach Kraft Mill which consists of three continuous digesters, two brown stock washing lines and oxygen delignification, two bleaching lines and the Lurgi ClO2 production area.
Safety & Environmental
- Responsible for safety performance, managing safety programs that include annual training, scheduled safety meetings, safe job performance by employees, dealing with job performance issues as they arise.
- Responsible for leading resources in the development of safety SOPs (Standard Operating Procedure) and Guidelines.
- Reviews all safety incidents in the department and participates in developing cause maps.
- Regularly tours the department for safety observations and employee contacts while verifying regulatory compliance.
- Guides and develops supervisors to effectively manage crews in the area of safe work practices.
- Ensures compliance with all environmental OSHA, labor, and government regulation.
- Supports the behavioral safety program and ensures that safe work practices are followed.
- Manages and provides direction for the activities of Pulp Mill employees to meet production goals while balancing quality, productivity, performance, cost, safety, environmental, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas.
- Accountable for daily management of mill resources, performance management, as well as positive and productive employee and labor relations. Promote a safety culture and administer accountability for unsafe behaviors.
- Influences and develops employees’ performance while growing employee competence through training.
- Ensures employees have proper training and tools to meet or exceed departmental and mill goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates leadership and leads change.
- Guides and develops supervisors who are responsible for day to day people management.
Production & Quality
- Responsible for setting direction, identifying priorities, coordinating the activities of other departments as it relates to the area performance, and managing the operating budget for the area.
- Ensures adequate raw material supplies are maintained for continued production.
- Ensures production meets specifications.
- Works with Quality/Technical staff to resolve quality issues.
- Ensures operations training manuals are complete and updated.
- Leads crews to improve processes by identifying and eliminating non-value added activities (waste).
- Utilizes strong problem-solving skills to ensure corrective actions for employee and/or production issues are defined and established, bringing open items to closure in a timely manner.
- Communicates to all levels of the organization as needed and participates with Department Managers from other areas of the mill to coordinate activities.
- Prepares and distributes information regarding changes to policies and procedures (as a result of kaizens or other CI opportunities) to employees.
- Actively seeks and allocates appropriate decision-making authority or task responsibility to appropriate individuals based on their abilities, availability, motivation, and development needs; considers potential positive and negative impact, business unit priorities, organizational values, and the opportunity to enhance others’ knowledge and skills.
- Identifies barriers that impact customer service and retention; communicates concerns and recommendations to others.
- Uses understanding of customer needs and the organization’s customer service practices to set priorities, make decisions, and take actions that create customer satisfaction and prevent service issues from occurring.
- Creates relevant options for addressing problems and opportunities that will achieve desired outcomes.
Systematically evaluates business opportunities, targeting those with the greatest potential for producing positive business results.
High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s
degree in Management, Engineering or related field
Minimum of ten years of industry experience
- Bleached paper making knowledge strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must have good organizational and computer skills.
- Must be self-motivated and energetic.
On call and available to work as required by the business
Office environment as well as mill – hot, dusty, humid
Limited travel required
Walking, climbing stairs and/or ladders, bending
Occasionally lifting 20 pounds
Must wear PPE in mill
Each and every one of our employees contributes to the success of our company by showing up every day with a commitment to improving ourselves, the company and our communities.
Find out from our employees what they like about working for Clearwater Paper.
What do you like most about working at Clearwater Paper?
Everyone has the opportunity to learn. I enjoy the challenge of new tasks and processes to learn, and the opportunity to help others face and overcome their challenges.
What do you like most about working in your department or function?
I enjoy continuously improving our existing processes and developing new ones to make tasks easier, better and faster. It is fulfilling to teach others the importance of continuous improvement as a tool to achieve success.
At Clearwater Paper we are driven by purpose, grounded in values, and connected to communities; Learn more here