Support the entire purchasing lifecycle by buying, at the most favorable price: raw materials, equipment, machinery, components, tooling, services and/or supplies for the development of business operations. This activity should be performed so that all items are delivered in accordance with company’s quality, quantity and delivery standards. This role requires the candidate to work in a small team while operating independently and routinely self-checking their results.
Daily activities will include, but are not limited to:
- Purchase Order management including: PO creation, PO delivery to the correct vendor, confirming vendor PO receipt and answering vendor questions.
- Order receipt activities including: obtaining vendor’s anticipated delivery date, troubleshooting late-delivery or quality issues, supporting Receiving team and managing invoice activities required for PO.
- Issue resolution and compliance.
- Build and manage relationships with both new and existing suppliers.
- Build and maintain internal relationships to facilitate the continuity of services required.
- Manage, confirm and communicate any additional information relating to an order; updating both internal and external parties as required.
- Transferring data in accordance with output activity.
- Ensuring systems are updated with the most current information.
- Assist with the development and execution of contracts.
- Facilitate competitive bid analysis and negotiations for goods and services.
- Supplier travel required when requested.
- 3+ years of Procurement experience & BS Degree in Business administration or combined relevant experience.
- Experience with CAD drawings; including knowledge of prototype parts.
- Demonstrated understanding of specific manufacturing processes.
- Experience independently leading meetings with external partners including negotiation, delivery and overall assessment discussions.
- Experience leading ongoing Quality, Cost, Delivery and Development discussions with suppliers.
- Highly proficient in all MS Office tools (primarily Excel and PPT).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a multinational team environment.
- Good organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with SAP, Ariba, or major ERP system(s)
- C.P.M. or C.P.S.M designation
- Experience with Contracts
Goken America is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, sex, disability, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Goken America is an Engineering Services and Product Development company founded in 2004. At Goken America we strive to expand and deliver upon our company motto of “Creating Something Different”. We are continually striving to strengthen our organization, and are always seeking talented individuals who have a strong desire to work in an environment where they can make a difference.
Our “Vision” is to empower our associates to affect change wherever change is needed. Our “Mission” is that in building trust we foster greatness in our people, excellence in our clients and impact in our communities.
Goken America provides an excellent benefits package, one month of paid time off per year and a very competitive compensation plan. In addition, when applicable, we will also provide relocation assistance, temporary housing, visa support and other fringe benefits.