The Purchasing Agent is fully responsible to complete the process of awarding trade packages for any project they are assigned. You will work as a part of a team which may include the Project Executive, Project Manager(s), Owner’s, Owner Reps, Field Engineers, and the individual subcontractors to complete the final award process for each trade in a timely manner in accordance with the project schedule.
- Prepare Project Bidders List for all trades
- Review Project Drawings upon receipt and issue RFI’s (request for information) accordingly
- Attend meetings with Owner, Architect Engineers, etc. as required
- Review and understand Project Estimate how it relates to each trade
- Review and understand Project Schedule as it relates to each trade
- Develop and maintain Purchasing Schedule
- Issue Bid Packages to Bidders based upon approved bidders list
- Make sure Subcontractors have submitted pre-qual docs and are approved in Textura
- Develop and issue Scope Sheets for each trade
- Receive proposals and completed scope sheets from subcontractors
- Update scope sheets based upon Subcontractors response
- Schedule and lead scope review meetings with each Subcontractor for each trade
- Issue CCIP Forms to Subcontractors and review response. Issue completed CCIP forms to Triton’s insurance company to review and agree to a proper CCIP Credit with subcontractor
- Schedule and lead Best & Final and/or closing meetings with subcontractors, Triton Project Executive and Owner.
- Award trade work to Subcontractors
- Advise the Contracts Dept of trade awards so a contract can be issued in a timely manner
- Participate in preparing GMP Submittal to Ownership for inclusion in the Construction Management Agreement
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum of 5 Years experience working for a CM Firm
- 3-5 Years of Expeirence in a field role i.e. Engineer, Superintendent or Assistant PM plus 2-3 years of experience in an office role ie. Estimator, Cost Engineer or Purchsing Agent.
- Strong communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Microsoft Office experience with strong Excel
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and handle many issues, items, and functions at one time and deal rapidly with multiple items in prioritized sequence
- Ability to be flexible and adjust to rapidly changing requirements and schedules
- Ability to function in a fast-paced and possibly stressful environment while maintaining a professional and collegial attitude and demeanor
- Candidate must possess: Integrity, Hard Work and Professionalism.
- Takes initiative.
- Strong team building skills.
- High sense of urgency.
- Committed to excellence.
- Effective communication skills.
- Capable of dealing with ambiguity and tight work oversight.
- Leadership capabilities that motivate staff to exceed expectations.
- Excellent business judgment to consistently analyze and execute financial trade-offs which frequently involve dealing with incomplete data and ambiguity.
- Superior problem-solving skills together with the ability to confidently and decisively take action necessary to achieve strong project closeouts while maintaining positive team relations.
- The ability to constantly multi-task and handle competing priorities between Triton’s business needs, organizational issues, and sound customer relations.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail evidenced by a strong command of all applicable contracts and legal provisions impacting profitability on assigned projects.
- The judgment to know when to appropriately escalate issues up the chain of command.
- Excellent diplomatic and communication skills, able to interact effectively with senior management, and the ability to handle and resolve conflict effectively in a firm but fair manner.
- Ability to develop the confidence of clients to gain future project awards.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level. Job site walking.
Triton Construction are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.