Supply Chain Manager
The Purchasing Agent is responsible for purchasing materials required for the timely manufacture of transformers, as well as working with Supply Chain Manager to secure favorable vendor terms, prices and schedules for delivery using knowledge of budget and schedule requirements.
- Reviews BOM from Engineering and MRP/Services Requirements.
- Reviews planned orders to ensure Purchase Orders are created prior to commitment and approval process, Transmitting approved purchase orders with appropriate supporting documents or Drawings to Suppliers.
- Tracks acknowledgement by Supplier, confirming system lead time, delivery date and cost Tracking with designated Supplier delivery date and communicating to internal customers any shortage, backlog reporting to provide visibility of any potential interruption.
- Reviews, updates and maintains open Purchase Orders until closed.
- Updates PO Promise Dates from suppliers, follow up Ship dates on daily basis and manage PO schedule changes / react to ERP exception messages in a timely manner.
- Monitors & takes action regarding aging Purchase Requisitions (PRs), creates Purchase Orders (POs) and RFQs (Request for Quotations).
- Achieves best cost for material with outstanding quality and within customer Need-By date.
- Owns Procurement / Fulfillment KPIs (On-time PO placement, On-time Delivery (OTD), Supplier Promise Date / PO Promise Date accuracy, Adherence to Supplier Contracts / Pricing, invoice resolution, etc.).
- Partners with the Supplier Chain Manager and Quality Manager to negotiate on Vendor Recovery associated with Liquidated Damages (LDs) due to delivery & quality issues.
- Partners with engineering & coordinates with suppliers on design change implementation.
- Develops knowledge of supplier manufacturing processes, material and commodity pricing and excellent focus on quality.
- Acts as a first line of contact & establish strategic relationship with suppliers.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Strong Negotiation Skills.
- Technical Capacity.
- Time Management.
- Business Acumen.
- Decision Making.
- Ownership of Projects.
- Accountable to Objectives.
- Organizational Skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. However, depending on workload there may be occasional longer days and occasional weekends, if need be.
Travel is not required for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 2 years purchasing experience in Electrical and Metal-Mechanic environment.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Prefer you to be authorized to work lawfully in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.