PLI is the largest Hospitality, Gift and Loyalty Card manufacturer on the planet. But we know size without stature is meaningless. Being the biggest is the purposeful result of our determined drive to be the best. Dedicated to our customers’ success. Invested in our employees’ goals and achievements. We work hard. We play hard. We nurture our own and give back to our communities. We don’t just manufacture an impressive variety of card products. We deliver solutions in card form.
We are searching for an experienced Purchasing Assistant at our Asheville, NC facility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Purchasing Administrative Assistant will handle all duties associated with entering purchasing orders, obtaining sales confirmations/acknowledgements from vendors, and supporting PLI’s purchasing department. This challenging, fast-paced position is responsible for assisting with the procurement process of materials required to sustain the daily operations at PLI.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Provide daily administrative support to the Purchasing Department including department manager
- Submit orders for items not requiring sourcing or price negotiation
- Answer incoming calls
- Maintain purchasing documents, files and records
- Maintain frequently used office supply levels and reorder accordingly
- Review deliveries against the orders
- Track status of orders
- Deal with non supplied, under orders, over orders and damaged goods
- Ensure that any invoices are sent to accounts for payment
- Produce and maintain all reports related to purchase orders
- Distribute supplies to departments as needed
- Maintain Purchase Order confirmations and acknowledgements
- Coordinate supplier deliveries (including expedites and holds) as needed
- Ensure purchase order confirmations and acknowledgements are received and logged
- Coordinate incoming shipment documentation with PLI receiving department (including packing slips, SDS etc.)
- Communicate with vendors regarding product availability and shipping requirements
- Other duties as assigned by Purchasing Manager or other appropriate personnel
- Safely perform physical demands as indicated below
- Associates Degree in business or related field preferred or a combination of education and work experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Possess basic math skills and capable of performing calculations via a computer and/or calculator
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and ability to maintain a professional demeanor
- Must be detail oriented, able to multi-task, organize and prioritize daily activities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Internet research
- Must be able to perform all aspects of job duties independently with minimal supervision
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sit, speak, hear and comprehend
- Stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms on a daily basis
- Lift up to 25 pounds on a regular basis
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus and see colors with acuity
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in an indoor setting, but may be exposed to:
- Variable temperature conditions indoor and outside (occasionally extreme heat or extreme cold)
- Moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, and dust and/or mite hazards
- Moderate noise environment
A demonstrated commitment to safety is a condition of employment.
Non-Exempt Hourly - Regular Full Time
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.