Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services.
Requisition ID : 2359
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Purchasing / Inventory
Work Location : Southfield, MI
State or Province : Michigan (US-MI)
Potential Work Location : United States : Michigan : Southfield
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Expedites purchase orders generated for delivery to the CFC’s for past due or critical orders. Contacts Suppliers to confirm receipt of open purchase orders, PO’s with no 855/856, monitors shipments in progress and updates AS/400 accordingly.
- Tracks lost or mis-shipped purchase orders by contacting Suppliers and/or UPS/freight carriers and follows up to resolve open issues.
- Analyzes open order reports and provides key issues to Suppliers with larger volumes of late shipments and makes appropriate updates to the AS/400 system.
- Researches problems with backordered, promotional and critical items that are low in inventory and resolves related issues with Suppliers, Supply Planners and or Product Managers.
- Processes receiving exceptions according to established time and process guidelines.
- Review and process the faxed PO confirmations received from our Suppliers and distribute those with errors to the appropriate Supply Planner and or Product Manager.
- Processes vending demand request through the MSC CAP Demand email box on a regular basis
- Works with the CFC’s and other Product areas and Logistics to research open issues. Works with Accounts Payable to resolve open supplier issues including credit hold. Works cross-functionally to improve processes.
- Attends and actively participates in supplier meetings to discuss supplier related issues to improve efficiency.
- Maintains database integrity by purging old and outdated orders.
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC’s mission.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or the equivalent required. Associate’s degree in a business related field preferred.
- Prior business experience in purchasing or a supply chain discipline preferred.
- Data entry experience to operate standard office and purchasing software programs required.
- Time management, data collection and entry skills required.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software is required.
- Knowledge of general purchasing processes is required.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills are required.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are also required
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
As one of America’s Best Large Employers (named in 2017 by Forbes magazine), we care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,000+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.